Sunday, September 27, 2020

Halloween tasty treats 2020!

 Halloween tasty treats 2020!

After reading up on several Halloween themed treats thanks to Dinosaur Dracula, I decided to venture out to my local Target and scoop up on some of these bizarre pieces of junk food. The way I looked at it was, since you really couldn't do anything too crazy this year for the upcoming Halloween season, I'm a firm believer to. make your own kind of fun in the safety of your own home. If that means basically eating so much crap you're ready to shit your own pants...then so be it! So yesterday before riding up to visit my sister, I went into Target for the first time this Fall, and searched for several of the items Matt from DD listened. 

I ended up picking up a box of Kool-Aid Ghoul-Aid Jammers, which were Scary Berry flavor.

A container of Utz cheese Pub Mix which was "Halloween" themed.


A bag of Reese's peanut butter bats.

A bag of witch's brew Kit Kats.



A bag of Hershey's Kisses which were "Vampire" flavored.

As well as a bag of candy corn (an absolute must-have), a box of Boo Berry cereal, and a jug of Apple cider. Did I go overboard? Absolutely? Did I feel deathly ill after snacking on several of these items? Well...that's a dead given. Nevertheless it was fun doing a taste test while playing movies on Shudder. This morning I watched Joe Bob Briggs' Pieces, Bloody Birthday, and finally Fade Too Black. Capping off Stephen King Week, I'll probably pour myself a nice chilled glass of apple cider, and find one last King movie to watch, truly kicking off Fall in style!

The pub mix wasn't anything to really write home about. Sure pub mix is good, you get all sorts of cheesy flavored stuff, but it didn't exactly scream "Halloween" to me. Still, you have some pretzels snd bagel chips shaped like a pumpkin. 

The Ghoul-Aid was gross. First off I didn't notice that it was berry flavored, so after one sip I decided not to take my chances with the blueberry. Those can go on over to the roommate. Still, tasted like pure liquid sugar!

The peanut butter bats were great as they always are, but I would say the kit-kats won me over. I had seen the mixed peanut butter cups, that honestly looked cross, but these actually were pretty yummy and indeed did taste like marshmallows! The chocolate kisses with the strawberry filling tasted "okay" but visually they hands down were the coolest! I agree with everyone in saying they look like blood straight out of a Dan Curtis movie! Still, I've never been much of a Halloween candy fan, but this year I give those companies credit where credit is due...they really went all out!

As for the rest of my treats, everything else was great and Fall time staples to have every year! I'll keep my eyes peeled for more Halloween themed treats. In fact, I have a few up my sleeve I might actually test out and "attempt" to make. I'll have the fire department on speed dial!





No comments:

Post a Comment