Thursday, September 4, 2014

Top 10 guests I would freak out over meeting at a convention.

Top 10 guests I would freak out over meeting at a convention.

Today John from Freddy In Space posted a very interesting article that hit home with me over how conventions just aren't what they used to be over the last several years. More and more shows are popping up all over the map and the cons are getting bigger and bigger. The true question is? Is it a good thing? It's all a business sadly, and it comes down to how they can make the most money. John proved a good point in his article when he brought up how the show The Walking Dead honestly was the final nail in the coffin for this to happen. The Walker Stalker conventions are getting so nuts the idea of twin babies being guests makes my stomach roll. Mind you I enjoy the show, but the massive amounts of people who swarm to these conventions to wait in line for hours to meet the actors makes me shake my head. Maybe I just don't get it. I like the type of shows that have rare guests show up, actors and directors from movies from the 1970's, 80's, and 90's. People who we've grown up watching and can't believe we're finally meeting in person. I said it once and I'll say it ten million times again. I rather go to a convention and meet Zach Galligan from Gremlins and Waxwork over waiting in line and paying 100$ for some shitty photo op with Norman Reedus (this is coming from a girl who met him at HH when the first season of TWD was happening and doesn't have any beef with the man at all, he was very sweet and even signed a Boondocks Saints poster for my sister and her husband.) But for me, I want to go to conventions to be able to either staff it and see friends I don't get to talk to that often, find rare stuff at the vendors room, go to screenings and Q&A's, and mostly meet icons that I've watched in movies over and over again growing up.

So here is my list of my top ten convention guests I honestly think I would freak out over meeting.

10) Anthony Hickox
Writer director - Waxwork, Waxwork II, Warlock 2, and Hellraiser III.

9) Jamie Lee Curtis
Scream queen and Christopher Guest's wife. = Halloween, Prom Night, Road Games, Terror Train, Halloween II, Halloween H20, Grandview USA, and My Girl.

8) Jason Lively
Actor = European Vacation, Night Of The Creeps, 21 Jump Street, and Hollywood Monster.

7) John Stockwell
Actor and director = Christine, Radioactive Dreams, Dangerously Close, Friday the 13th the series, North And South, Blue Crush, and Into The Blue.

6) Clive Barker
Director, writer, artist. = Hellraiser, Nightbreed, and Lord Of Illusions.

5) Stephen King
Master of horror = Carrie, The Stand Salem's Lot, The Shinning, Cujo, Christine, Needful Things, and Doctor Sleep (just to name a few!)

4) Oliver Parker
= Actor and director. Hellraiser, Hellbound Hellraiser II, Nightbreed.

3) Damon Martin
= Actor, singer, producer, artist. Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Ghoulies II, Amityville 1992 It's About Time, and Kid.

2) Sam Raimi
= Actor/director. The Evil Dead trilogy, Intruder, Darkman, The Gift, The Quick And The Dead, A Simple Plan, The Spiderman trilogy, Drag Me To Hell, and Oz The Great And Powerful.

1) John D Lemay
= Star of Friday The 13th the series (seasons 1&2) and Jason Goes To Hell.

- And a very happy weekend to my friends over at HorrorHound! I had to bail out last second sadly but I hope everyone drinks a lot for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment