Psycho IV/Return Of The Living Dead 4th of July themed recipes!
I'm a little behind with blogging, so I decided for my next two posts to combine together for two yummy little 4th of july themed treats. Psycho IV and Return Of The Living Dead are musts to watch around this time of year, so why not prepare a great snack to go with a cool 6-pack of beer!
Ps. We can thank Betty Crocker for these. Sorry kids, I don't have much baking skills!
Bates Motel fantastic 4th of July cake
- box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ white cake mix
- 1 1/4
- cups buttermilk
- cup vegetable oil
- tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- teaspoons royal blue paste food color
- toothpickful violet paste food color
- jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 1/2
- cups powdered sugar
- teaspoon salt
- 1 Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and lightly flour bottoms and sides of three 8-inch round cake pans, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- 2 In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 3 Divide batter evenly among pans. Bake 22 to 27 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched in center. Cool 15 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- 4 Spoon marshmallow creme into large microwavable bowl; microwave uncovered on High 15 to 20 seconds to soften. Add butter. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and salt until smooth.
- 5 If necessary, trim rounded tops of 2 cake layers to flatten before assembling. Place 1 cake layer, top side down, on serving plate; spread with about 1/3 cup frosting. Top with second layer, top side down; spread with about 1/3 cup frosting. Top with untrimmed cake layer, top side up. Frost side and top of cake with remaining frosting. Store loosely covered.
Cemetery party bars
- 1 1/4
- cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- cup powdered sugar
- teaspoon salt
- cup butter, cut into pieces
- large green apple, thinly sliced
- tablespoon granulated sugar
- cups bottled sour apple drink mix
- envelopes unflavored gelatin
- cup vodka
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In food processor, place flour, powdered sugar, salt and butter. Cover; process, using quick on-and-off motions, until dough is crumbly. Press in baking dish.
- 2 In medium bowl, toss apple slices with granulated sugar until coated. Arrange apple slices in single layer, not overlapping, on crust. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until edges of crust are lightly browned. Cool on cooling rack.
- 3 Meanwhile, pour 1 cup of the sour apple drink mix into large heatproof bowl; sprinkle gelatin over drink mix. Let stand 1 minute. Heat remaining 1 cup sour apple drink mix to boiling. Pour over gelatin mixture and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add vodka; stir until well blended.
- 4 Pour mixture over apple layer. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until firm. Cut into 8 rows by 3 rows.