5 Roles "Chip" could have ruled past and present!!! Part 1
Over here at Staystillreviews we've whipped up a list of 5 roles that our very own mascot Chip (Damon Martin) really could have rocked both past and present. Damon aka Chip graced us only with a handful of killer roles he played in both the 80's and 90's. Here are some characters I feel would have become even more legendary had be played them!
5) Robin - Batman Forever and Batman and Robin
- A few years back I did a whole post over how I wished Damon had continued workin with Tim Burton (who directed Damon as our Chip in Pee Wee's Big Adventure.) In fact click here to read my thoughts on this Why Damon would make the perfect Robin I feel there are a few Batman movies, the rest are a complete mess (including Batman Forever and Batman and Robin) I remember even seeing these films as a little girl and thinking "Jesus...these are awful." Still, had Burton stayed on I feel the movies would have been darker, and MUCH better. Maybe, just maybe he would have brought Damon back (even tho he would have been slightly a bit older than the actual character) I feel he would have ruled. I mean the man has red hair...(Stacy logic)
4) Nathan - Leprechaun
- Damon really could have rode the cheesy 1990's horror train for as long as he could. Sadly after making Amytville 92 he signed a record deal joining a band who released a really popular album that displayed two songs that hit #1 on the billboards, before becoming a producer, and now a popular mural artist displaying stunning artwork for animal rights. Still, a tiny part of me wishes Damon had continued acting in movies, no matter how cheesy. I feel he could have been in one of the Puppet Master movies, maybe a Candyman sequel, and yes playing the handsome stud Nathan in Leprechaun. I mean for anyone who's seen Kid with C. Thomas Howell they know he had the right look for the part. (Those arms tho...)
3) Boone - Nightbreed
- I worship Nightbreed. In fact it's one of my all time favorite movies. Clive Barker seriously made 3 outstanding films, and just recently his second film got the respect it truly deserves. I would have loved to see Damon playing the lead Boone. The young man who arrives to Midian, seeking forgiveness before changing and embracing the tribes of the moon. Damon was still acting in 1990, and seeing him act beside such talents like Doug Bradley and Oliver Parker truly would be a dream come true. I think Damon really could have appeared in more horror movies. People give the 90's a bad rap for horror until Scream came out but in my eyes from 1990-1995 some truly decent horror movies were released. Damon even appeared on a highly underrated sequel Amityville 1992 It's About Time. This would have ruled seeing him in yet another cult classic.
2) Michael - The Lost Boys
- The Lost Boys belongs in the holy trinity of 1980's vampire movies. (Fright Night, Near Dark, and The Lost Boys) This displayed that vampires could be sleek, sexy, as well as terrifying. Not only was this movie a massive staple in my house playing constantly as I was growing up, it also features the two Coreys, a killer cast, and a great soundtrack. I have nothing against Jason Patrick (In fact I have nothing against any of the actors on this list) I just think if I honestly had the choice I would pick either Zach Galligan or Damon Martin to play Michael, the moody older brother who happens to fall for the wrong girl, and gets mixed up with the "wrong" gang of teens. I mean who killer would it have been seeing Damon via 1987 (Ghoulies II vibes) listening to I Still Believe with Haim and seeing Star on the beach. Man oh man! What a fantasy!
1) Charles - Sleepwalkers
- I feel it was such a missed opportunity that Damon never got the chance to work on a Stephen King project. I feel if I make a part 2, a miniseries may make an appearance. If I had to choose any role King wise for Mr. Martin it would be as Charles in the highly underrated Sleepwalkers. Charles is a supernatural being called a Sleepwalker. An ancient near extinct creature that is ageless, with special powers. It's only weakness...cats. Charles and his mother (who both share a very creepy incestious relationship) have been roaming the world, moving from town to town, always on the run and feeding. What exactly do they feed on? Virgin souls. Here Charles and his mother move to a peaceful small town, where they set their sights on a beautiful young girl, knowing time is short with the police beginning to suspect something is wrong, as well as thousands of cats ready to attack these two evil monsters. This film was made in 92 (Which was the last year Damon acted for nearly twenty-four years) He would have been the perfect age, as well as looking completely adorable standing right beside Madchen Amick.
Stay tuned for part 2 of other roles Chip aka Damon Martin would have rocked at!!!
Until then, 3 cheers to our Chip! The movie loving kid!!!