What items from your collection would you save if you could just keep a box full?
My good friend Courtney had me dying a few weeks ago when she posted on IG how her boyfriend Chris told her to put things from her collection she held precious in a box just in case there was any damage to their house durning a storm down in Florida. She posted how she put some yearbooks, a Buffy stake, and several other items inside. We both had a good laugh over this since luckily there was no damage whatsoever besides a few palms falling off a palm tree in their yard. Now this post is simply for fun. I understand disasters aren't funny, and as of lately people have lost everything. This is just a "What-If?" post if somebody handed you a medium sized box and told you to put as many items from your collection inside that could fit. That's the only items you could keep. Now for the sake of this post, it can only be items from your collection. No items outside of that (photo albums, important paperwork, ect.) Again, this post is just for FUN and the items HAVE to fit inside the box. Trust me, Courtney and Chris got me a killer Mutilator poster signed by the cast and crew. As much as I would wanna save things like that or my FD3 signed poster, and a few of my Mondos, I need to stick to the rules, it HAS to fit in the box. I really want to see what people would pick. The game is simple, find a medium sized box and see what you can fit in.
1). Signed Chopping Mall blu-ray.
- I special ordered this baby last fall on eBay for just 30$. I LOVE Chopping Mall. It's one of my all time favorite B movies. What really made me wanna get this was the fact it's signed by several members of the original crew as well as the director. I'm a sucker for things signed, so I thought why not?! This is always a favorite of mine to pop in, even as background noise. As of lately the blu-ray released have been KILLING IT! I wanted to limit how many blu-rays I threw in this box, signed ones that I adore on the other hand, yeah those had to go in.
2) Theater Of Creeps Creepshow 2 pin set.
- I'll admit, I've arrived late to the whole pin game. Still there are several companies I just can't resist from checking out whenever they have a new pin release. I don't wear pins, but I do see why this seems to be the new hot thing for collectors. There's London 1888, Guttersnakes, Creepy Company, Cavity Colors, and finally my favorite Theater Of Creeps. TOC is run by my friend and tattoo artist Shane Murphy. As of lately Shane has been KILLING it with his releases. My favorite so far out of all of his releases has to be the Creepshow 2 set he released earlier this spring since this underrated sequel turned 30 this year. I really love Creepshow 2 (Anyone else get that epic Waxwork Records vinyl release?!) This not only is one of my favorite pin sets, but based off one of my favorite sequels ever made!
3) Fright Rags' Day Of The Dead rocks.
- One of my all time favorite movies is Day Of The Dead. Not to toot my own horn but my Day collection is slowly growing and doesn't look half bad. This was a tricky choice since I knew I needed something from this movie in the box. It came down between the awesome making of Day Of The Dead book, and these little puppies. I've owned these since I think 2013/14ish and yet another reason why Fright Rags always goes the extra mile with the boxset releases. The fact I own a jar full of rocks from the shooting location of one of my all time favorite zombies movies warms my heart.
4) Halloween snow globe.
- I'll never forget when my mother bought me this along with the Halloween VHS back in 1998 from Suncoast video. We put the VHS in and thought the tape was broken since there were black lines on top and on the bottom of the screen (...yep, it was in widescreen and we didn't know.) This rare item has always been a favorite of mine. It shows the classic scene where Jamie Lee Curtis stabs Michael who pops up from behind the couch with a knitting needle. I love horror themed snow globes. I had a Friday the 13th one that sadly broke. This one even fell off a shelf due to my older sister (Thanks Alexis) and DIDN'T BREAK! Sadly Michael broke off and now lays behind the couch. Hey, it shows he went down for the count for a little while after Laurie stabbed him! This baby is still full of water and red sparkles when shaken up.
5) Amityville 1992 promotional pin.
- I think everyone knows how crazy I am about this sequel. It's not only one of my all time favorite movies, I truly believe not to brag I may be the film's biggest fan. Anything Amityville 1992 I can find I own. In fact when you first enter my house there's a huge original 92 poster looking right down at you from my landing. One rare item I found awhile back on eBay for 75 cents was this killer Amityville 92 pin they must have given out at video stories around the time of it's release.
6) Galligan figure.
- Reaction released countless figures based off the tiny 1970's action figures that were so popular 40 years ago. Two summers ago they won me over with this amazing release of Billy from Gremlins. Now I love Gremlins, but I love Galligan more. I bought I think 5 of these puppies, turning 2 of them into Waxwork figures. I mean if I gotta save something it might as well be Galligan!
Side note - While trying to put this back it fell and opened. Damnit! Oh well, looks like I might need to turn this puppy into a new Galligan figure for Galligangiving. Psychic? Cupid? Mortal Passions? Hummm...
7) Oliver Parker autograph from Nightbreed.
- One of my most precious autographs I got from England from a friend of mine in 2015. I love Oliver Parker (aka Peloquin from Nightbreed.) I love him so much I have said character tattooed on me. Mr. Parker is one of my top 3 people I think I would die if I ever met. Sadly he's busy over seas as a director and has yet to do a convention. My friend Harry knew what a huge fan I was and ran into Oliver outside of his office and had him sign several photographs from Nightbreed. From what I heard Oliver was beyond swell, and thought it was a riot he had fans from America. I fucking love this thing.
8) Zach Galligan's Waxwork II crew shirt.
- Why the flash was on in this is beyond me, it's not that faded! This is one of my favorite pieces. This is a shirt I won back in 2013 at an auction held by Adam Green for The One Fund for Boston. This was Zach Galligan's very own crew shirt he got after finishing Waxwork II back in 1992. I won this baby, and had Zach sign it afterwards. I own 2 Waxwork II shirts, but this one is extra special since this belonged to my all time favorite actor, playing my all time favorite character!
9) Original artwork by Nathan Thomas Milliner.
- Nathan has designed artwork for Shout Factory as well as several N.E.C.A. A few years back he offered to whip up some quick sketches for people who were interested. I jumped on this chance, and got him to sketch Megan Ward and Damon Martin (Staystillreviews' very own mascot) from Amityville 1992 durning my favorite scene. I'm planning on someday getting this image tattooed on me. One of my favorite pieces!
10) Tales From The Crypt artwork by Tara Sasarak.
- Back in 2013 I noticed the STUNNING artwork by Tara Sasarak in IG. We soon became friends and I hired her to whip up this piece of one of my all time favorite Tales from The Crypt episodes Strung Along. Tara is crazy talented and did this little baby with just colored pencils. Yep, you read right. The detail is insane. In fact, I loved this piece so much it inspired me to get Galligan from this very same episode tattooed on me a few months later. What's heartbreaking about this piece is earlier this month the frame that's held it for years shattered. Still, it's one of my favorites and signed by Zach and the crypt keeper himself!
11) Zach Galligan's personal signed Waxwork/Waxwork II blu-ray.
- I think we all know how near and dear Waxwork is to me. When both movies got an epic blu-ray release last fall I got the ultimate surprise. Galligan was appearing at Rock & Shock, a local convention near me and ended up giving me his very own copy sent to him by the studio since for years I've been trying to rally support on getting these movies to get the release they deserve! Zach surprised me by giving me this movie and signed it for me. Fully admit I was a complete wreck afterwards. This truly meant the world to me. I adore these movies and worked so hard on getting a studio to get them on blu-ray. Thanks to Michael and Heather this was made possible. The fact Mark Loftmore himself made this possible proves that this would be one of the first items put into the box for safe keeping!
12) Sky High VHS.
- If you know me, or follow this blog you will understand what a huge deal this was when after 25+ years I finally found this movie. Sky High (1990) is a Disney made for TV movie I watched as a kid and honestly couldn't find anywhere. It's about two farm boys who buy a plane from WWII and fix up and fly around the country. It features Damon Martin aka Chip our mascot and it's a light hearted movie full of adventure. I searched for YEARS to find this, even putting a 400$ bounty to several tape hunters on who could find it. Finally around last year a few clips were leaked online all in French (argh) still I knew I was getting closer. finally this past May not only did I find the full movie in English now uploaded to Youtube I also found on eBay an original tape of it. I jumped on the chance, bought it, and it now sits in the Staystillreviews' hall of fame shelf. I gotta admit, this might honestly be the first thing I would put in the box for safe keeping!
Happy Halloween everyone and please play along! What items from your collection would you pack away for safe keeping! I wanna know!
Thanks Courtney! Killer idea!