Saturday, June 20, 2015

Thrashin' (1986)

 Thrashin' (1986)

Plot - Corey, a young and promising skateboarder decides to spend the summer in California with his buddies in the valley to train for the LA Massacre Down Hill. An intense and very dangerous skateboard race which very well might make or break his future. While visiting and exploring and partying he meets Chrissy, a beautiful young girl from out of town who happens to be the twin sister of the rival gang leader who he's competing against. An 80's take on West Side Story, Thrashin' is a colorful, fun summer film with a killer soundtrack, totally 80's fashion, and some amazing and memorable moments "Breakin is a memory!"

Olive films (who released my personal favorite Dangerously Close) is really starting to gain my respect since they announced at later this week they will be releasing Thrashin' on blu-ray. As of right now I haven't seen anything about special features (if there are any I'm guessing whatever ones are on the DVD. I'm praying the cast commentary makes it since it's one of the funniest I've ever listened to.) Nevertheless, I'll be happy since it's FINALLY getting the blu-ray treatment. This is a movie that's visually stunning with tons of killer bright colors. A must for any 80's movie fan to see. Stay tuned for a blu-ray review posted soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment