Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Galligangiving - Strung Along - by Tiffany Santiago from Psycho Chick Flicks!

 Strung Along A review by Tiffany Santiago from Psycho Chick Flicks

I was asked if I wanted to participate in "Galligan Giving" by the awesome Stacy Still and the first thing that popped into my head was the amazing Tales from the Crypt episode Strung Along. I agreed because I had to share my love for Zach Galligan and that very episode!

Strung Along is the 12th episode of the fourth season of Tales from the Crypt. That show remains one of my very favorite series ever! I have such fond memories of staying up late and watching HBO and looking forward to every episode. I remember being 10 years old and loving everything about the show from the intro, to the crypt keeper puns, to every story. Each one seemed like a different horror movie! Season four was particularly a great one. So many great episodes! Strung Along stood out to me because I love anything with killer puppets and add Zach into the mix which equals awesomeness.
Strung Along is about an aging puppeteer who gets a second shot at the big time. His health is suffering and he has a young wife who doesn't seem to be so interested in her husband anymore. He hires a young assistant (Galligan) to help him put a show together. The wife acts like she doesn't like Galligan but he and the wife have a plot all of their own. They cause the poor puppeteer to have a heart attack and die but the joke is on them. His spirit lives in Coco the puppet and he gets revenge and kills them both.


I loved all the twists to this episode! I felt so bad for the puppeteer but he got his revenge! It was so cool and the special effects were awesome! Strung Along was directed by Kevin Yagher who also created the Crypt keeper creature, Freddy Krueger's makeup, and designed the original Chucky doll. I loved that Galligan played a jerk because he's known so well as squeaky clean boy next door Billy from the gremlins films. 


I've always Liked Zach Galligan but when I met him the first time at Chiller theater back around 2007 or 2008, that solidified how awesome he really is. He was so nice and conversated with all of his fans, and he got a kick out of the fact that I had Waxwork on VHS for him to sign. Then a couple of years later we met again at Chiller, and he hung out with my friends and I at the Saturday night concert. We spoke about everything from Corey Feldman to Waxwork to Hatchet 3. A true class act from my home town of NYC who is humble and appreciates his fans.
So I say thank you Zach Galligan! And thank you for helping make Strung Along one of my top 5 favorite Tales from the Crypt episodes ever. In Galligan we trust! Happy Galligan Giving to all of you and especially to Stacy Still!

Tiffany Santiago
Psycho Chick Flicks on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment