Monday, September 14, 2015

The Confession of Fred Krueger

The Confession of Fred Krueger

PLOT - Based off the events of Wes Craven's 1984 classic A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Confession of Fred Krueger serves as a prequel before the original film's events. In the mid 1970's, a filthy factory worker is arrested in question for being the Springwood Slasher. A psychopath who's been on the loose, brutally killing twenty young children. Here over the course of a half an hour, the young man confesses his crimes, and what shaped him into the monster he is today, and will become in the future.

LOWDOWN - I first heard about this film around last year or so when artist Nathan Thomas Milliner first posted the teaser poster for this movie. I remember being absolutely blown away by it, needing to know more about this idea that honestly seemed like the best idea for a prequel to such a class series. I've been a fan of Nathan for several years now, including a killer custom sketch he made for me based off Amityville 1992. I've had the chance to stop by his booth at a few shows, and after being Facebook friends with him, I learned one thing.

He is seriously one of the biggest Elm Street fans out there. Nathan to Elm Street is me to Galligan to put it simply.


Now I'm not about to post spoilers since I urge any Freddy/Elm Street fan to check this movie out ASAP. All I have to say is this is seriously what short films are all about. It's a gift to fans, with the little nods to the series, as well as the original film. The acting is top notch, and the ending packs a punch. This movie couldn't have come at a better time with this past weekend's HorrorHound as well as Wes Craven's sudden passing.

One thing I know for sure, Wes would have been proud. 

Great work Nathan. Can't wait to see more.

4 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment