Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Best shows to watch when you're sick part 1

Best shows to watch when you're sick part 1
= Head colds got me like…

This year I've actually haven't gotten that sick lately.  I feel a big thing to do with this is the fact I've gotten a job now and away from less germs. Still…gems are everywhere, and by everywhere I mean all over the place. Today I'm home sick with the chest cold from H-E-L-L. I'm pumped full of meds, fluids, cough drops, and Bruce the heater buzzing beside me. I pretty much fell like death run over. But guess what, it's all good. Between my shifts of sleeping, I've been watching my good friend Netflix who somehow always know exactly what I'm in the mood to watch. So here's a list of some of the best things to watch while stuck and stick in bed.

Lost
- This is what I'm currently watching. I'm all ready on season 2 and plan on writing a full overview review of the entire series once I'm finished. Getting into lost is a commitment. It's this GIANT epic with hours of backstory for every single character who are all stranded on this strange and magical island. Sure at times you get a boring episode, or get beyond annoyed with a character, but as the secrets of the island are slowly revealed, as well as what's in store for the characters, you can't help but get hooked. Also it's really nice to see the breathtaking island beaches they filmed on.

Twin Peaks
What better show to watch when you feel like you're running a high fever? Dive into David Lynch's wonderful yet strange world of the town of Twin Peaks. Now mind you, this show isn't exactly for everybody due to how quirky and unusual it is. But if you ask me, this show wasn't just years ahead of it's time but decades. Following the murder of homecoming queen Laura Palmer, an F.B.I agent is called to the small town of Twin Peaks to find out what exactly happened, and who would have wanted to kill this girl who quickly he discovers wasn't so innocent. With a huge cult following, and a third season in the works, catching up before 2016 would be a great idea for any Lynch fan!

Friday The 13th the Series
I might get some eye rolls for this one, but as one of my all time favorite shows Friday the 13th the series is a must for any horror fan. For years there has been a war between fans of the films, and fans of the show since the show uses the title Friday the 13th, yet there's no Jason in sight. I for one, as a fan of both the films and a massive fan of the show think this isn't a bad thing at all. The show is in it's own universe and doesn't need Jason slicking and dicing to make a good storyline. For three wonderful seasons, we followed cousins Micki and Ryan who inherited an old antique store from their estrange uncle who made a deal with the devil on putting curses on every single object he sold. Trying to track down every item before more blood is shed, Micki, Ryan, and their friend Jack try to re-collect the objects as fast as they can. Sure it's dated with effects and fashion, but with three very likable characters, some awesome guest stars and directors, Friday the 13th the series has always been a comfort show of mine. Mostly whenever I'm puking my guts out.

Supernatural
Ah my boys…or should I just say Jensen Ackles. Now I'm only a fan of the first five seasons (I believe they have gotten carried away in the last few years) but in it's heyday Supernatural was a throwback to all the classic 60's and 70's horror shows like Kolchak, Night Gallery, and even Dark Shadows. With a killer backstory, and two handsome leads, the first five seasons followed brothers Sam and Dean as they tried tracking down their father who trained them to kill monsters, demons, and ghouls. Between finding the demon that murdered their mother when they were children, saving their souls from Hell, and yes saving the world from the devil himself. Binge watching these episodes are always a must whenever stuck in bed, and pretty easy on the eyes ifyouknowwhatimean. 

Early Edition 
Yes, I'm 70 years old. I'm not ashamed, I love Early Edition. Back in high school I used to watch this show all the time. Telling the story of Gary, a stockbroker down on his luck one day he receives a mysterious newspaper that happens to be tomorrow's newspaper. Weighing his options, he decides instead of using the paper from his own profit, he reads the headlines and starts running around Chicago trying to save people before it's too late. With a handsome lead like Kyle Chandler, and sidekick Fisher Stevens this low key show is fun to watch while surrounded by cough meds and tissues!  

No comments:

Post a Comment