Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 22 - of 31 scenes of terror - Ghoulies II (1988) Ghoulies attack!

Day 22 - of 31 scenes of terror - Ghoulies II (1988) Ghoulies attack!


The 22nd choice for 31 scenes of terror comes from one of my all time favorite movies of all time. I wouldn't call it a guilty pleasure, I would call it my favorite cult classic of all time. Shocking enough I'm not a massive original Ghoulies fan. I mean I enjoy the movie, but it's almost as much as I love the shit fest Ghoulies III, Ghoulies go to college. Ghoulies II on the other hand is in a league all on it's own. Back in school my friend Amanda brought her double feature disc of Ghoulies and Ghoulies II while we sculpted. She pretty much explained how these movies worked and I believe we barley got anything done since we were laughing so hard through them. 

Since then Ghoulies II has become one of my all time favorites and a must to watch with a group. I could pick apart why I love this movie or scenes that stand out but the best one after the giant ghoulie massacre has to be when the ghoulies first attack in Satan's Den. 

They all spring out at Larry (played by the dreamy Damon Martin) and start biting him. I somehow always loose it at this scene at Martin's facial expressions as he's being attacked and the random flying ghoulie that's just hanging out. Larry thinks fast and grabs into a few live wires in order to make the ghoulies let go. Sure in every right that should have killed him, but who's questioning it?! I'm not!


No comments:

Post a Comment