Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Day 30 - Mystery film = Jason Goes To Hell

 Day 30 - Mystery film = Jason Goes To Hell

PLOT - Serial killer Jason Voorhees' supernatural origins are revealed. 

The second mystery film for Oct is Jason Goes To Hell! Last winter I seriously think I wrote the longest review ever on this blog as I defended this very hated sequel, and tried to explain it's charm. As a massive Friday the 13th fan (mostly of the first five films.) it took me YEARS to warm up to this movie. The only vivid thing that I liked about it was the amazing ending shot of the movie, besides that I was pretty much with everyone else in really not seeing this a true Friday the 13th film. Finally years later, I began to warm up to this movie along with Freddy's Dead and view them more as guilty pleasures than anything else. I find Jason Goes To Hell MUCH better than part 8, Jason X, Freddy Vs. Jason and the remake. I liked that they tried to take the series in a new direction, and didn't have the same old tired thing repeating over and over again. Who cares that we didn't get to see Jason that much? He was in the scenes that counted and rocked in them. Also it doesn't hurt that John D LeMay was in it...

But then again a lot of people hate part 5 and that's one of my favorites. Guess it's just me...

So today I decided to pin point the reasons why I find Jason Goes To Hell awesome.

1) John D LeMay was the lead. 


2) They tried to do something new and different.

3) It was adults that were fighting Jason, not teenagers.


4) Joey B.

5) John D LeMay Vs. Jason = best fight e-v-e-r.

6) Jason burgers

7) Finger breaking scene.

8) The epic ending shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment