Sunday, October 13, 2013

Day 13 - Tales From The Crypt - Lower Breth

 Day 13 - Tales From The Crypt - Lower Breth

PLOT - Enoch, the two-faced man, an attraction at a sideshow, falls in love with a 2,000 year old mummy, eventually leading up to the conception of their bastard child, The Crypt Keeper.

LOWDOWN - Instead of doing a typical review for this episode, I want to simply point out that this episode is in my top favorite Tales From The Crypt episodes of all time. Lower Breth is directed by  Kevin Yagher, making of the Crypt Keeper. The only other episode Yagher directed was Strung Along starring Zach Galligan (hum, I wonder why I like that one...) I find it fitting Yagher directed Lower Breth simply because he is afterall the "father" of the Crypt Keeper. Set back in the 20's or 30's, this tale is like none other of the stories that ran for 7 whole seasons. This is the only one based around the Crypt Keeper's life...or should we say death?


With one of the all time best endings to a TV episode ever, I couldn't help but smile when I saw the little baby Crypt Kepper holding his doll sitting in a pile of hay. 

"awww!"

So here it is in all it's glory, the full episode of Lower Berth.

5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment