Monday, March 18, 2013

Spinal Tap - Coolidge Corner Theater tonight!

 Spinal Tap - Coolidge Corner Theater tonight!
Between this so call "snowstorm" that's supposed to hit with me heading to HorrorHound in less than 48, and that I just found out that tonight at Coolidge Corner Theater in Boston, there is going to be a special screening of This Is Spinal Tap. I guess this is part of their science program and this screening is based on sound. In fact I lifted this little bit info from the website.

Before the screening of this aural masterpiece, guest speaker Christopher Shera, a physicist and auditory physiologist, discusses the science of sound and hearing. What is sound? How does it differ from silence? Can you hear yourself hearing? And how loud can we go?

Sounds amazing doesn't it?

Sadly since I JUST found out about this, and the fact I'm working in the morning, I won't be able to attend this awesome screening of one of my all time favorite movies. I'm a little stunned they decided to screen this little gem during the beginning of the week, but I'm sure this is mostly targeted for students in the city. I'm a little bummed out tho, but I can only hope that in the future they will screen more of Christopher Guest's fine pieces of work. So for those who are in the city, please jump on this chance to watch an original print of this cult classic. 

Oh and turn it up to 11.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment