Monday, March 18, 2013

Bates Motel premiers tonight on A&E

 Bates Motel premiers tonight on A&E
"We all go a little mad sometimes..." - Norman Bates

After a very long day I'm excited to kick back and ignore yet ANOTHER storm storm. In fact I'm borderline having a panic attack since I'm leaving for HorrorHound for Wednesday afternoon and if I have to miss it because of this stupid New England weather, I'm gonna flip a shit. 

Anywho, what I plan on doing is kicking back and enjoying some good old fashion television. First The Following with Friday the 13th's own Kevin Bacon, and then Bates Motel, which I first heard about this past summer and have been beyond excited about due to the fact I'm a fan of the classic film series. 

I'm sure in the future I'll be posting reviews on the first four movies, including the failed pilot from the late 1980's also called Bates Motel.

A friend of mine who lives in Florida was able to catch a special screening earlier this winter and told me he wasn't too crazy about it mainly since it was set in modern times, which I'll agree sorta threw me for a loop. Still, I don't wanna give up hope just yet! 

Bates Motel is a prequel to the original films, telling the tale of Norman and his beloved mother back when they first moved into the motel and the slow cracks in Norman's sanity begin to show. Now I'm not the biggest fan of part 4. I mean I love Mick Garris, and that film did have it's moments...but I feel it should have taken a much darker route. This series I believe, or at least I hope will do exactly just that. 

I'll be posting my thoughts on the show ASAP and see if it will become one of my new favorite's shows, or follow in the footsteps of the failed Bates Motel from the 80's. We'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment