Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Trying the IT Frappuccino!

Trying the IT Frappuccino!

Early this morning, sitting in my car, waiting to go into work (half awake since I stayed up last night watching all of my favorite American Horror Story episodes. I'm 31 going on 91 and staying up past 10 is seriously a death wish. Tonight staying up to watch 1984 should make me feel fresh as a daisy tomorrow!) (...) Anywho, I was scrolling on the phone and noticed that somebody mentioned that Starbucks was doing a special drink to celebrate the release of IT Chapter 2. 

The IT Frappuccino!

Looking it up I knew instantly I needed to try it. Now I'm really not a huge Starbucks fan. I think they are pretty overpriced, and I'm sure I'll get shit for this...but not really that tasty. I'm from New England, so I'm a Dunks girl all the way. Still, I every once in a blue moon swing by there either for those really delicious cake pops, or warm apple cider. I know Starbucks is known for releasing fancy themed drinks, mostly in October. This was the first time I actually decided to go out of my way after work and swing by and pick this sucker up.


My local Starbucks is at a place in my town called "The Loop" It was build before I was in high school and is basically a giant strip mall with a movie theater, a few restaurants, and stores. I went afterwork, strolled inside and asked the very nice woman if she could make me an "IT" drink. At first she was puzzled, before another fellow worker behind the counter knew exactly what I was talking about. The woman waiting on me apologized saying she honestly has lost track of the "special" drinks or items in the hidden menu. She said there's a thing called a Tic Tock drink, a unicorn drink, even a vampire drink. We both had a good laugh over this as I explained I rarely come here but knew I needed to check it out since I'm a massive horror and Stephen King fan. She asked if the newest movie was worth checking out and I told her absolutely. She did give me a look though when I told her it was 3 hours long. Guess there's only a small percentage of us that wishes this sequel was six hours long.


When the worker asked what size I said large (can you tell I never come here?) This was quite the risk since if this ended up tasting like complete garbage...I was going to have a large cup of garbage but hey...YOLO! It's fall ya'll!!!

When the worker put it on the counter I had a good laugh due to the size of it and I think I said aloud and I quote "WOW! That's so pretty!" Yes everyone...I am a child. 


I waited until I walked out to the parking-lot towards my car to take my first sip and I really have to say it was downright delicious. It's basically a vanilla bean flavored Frappuccino with fresh strawberry puree (which really made it taste amazing) I like vanilla bean and strawberries so this was pretty damn good. It was a little sweet, and I really could have gotten a small (what the hell is it called at Starbucks when you get a small?) but to celebrate Chapter 2, as well as getting into the spooky state of mind, I found this a really fun little treat. (name a food after a horror movie and I'll basically throw my money at you.) I'm not sure I would order it again, but it was pretty tasty and if you wanna do something fun this weekend, order the IT Frappuccino, and go see IT Chapter 2!!!


I'll see you in the sewers...Frappuccinos and all!!!






1 comment: