Sunday, May 6, 2018

5 Roles "Chip" could have ruled past and present!!! Part 2

5 Roles "Chip" could have ruled past and present!!! Part 2
This is the second half of a post I whipped up a month or so ago. Damon Martin aka Chip our very own mascot had a brief but truly awesome film career in the 80's and 90's. Besides television work, he appeared in such films as Pee Wee's Big Adventure (where he played Chip), Ghoulies II, Amityville 1992, Sky High, and just recently Pee Wee's Big Holiday. Here are several roles I truly believe Chip would have ruled at playing past and present!!!

5) Randy - Valley Girl
- I have nothing against legendary Nic Cage, but I always felt the casting was a little "off" with him as Randy, the punk rocker from the city in the cult classic Valley Girl. He just didn't pull off playing a teenager that well. Still, I always thought Damon would have played Randy perfectly in 1983/84. He would have looked the right age, and deck him out with the right wardrobe, spike up the hair and bang you got a pretty awesome character. Still, I always felt Damon could have pulled off the best friend Fred as well. I mean he was the same height!

4) Detective Kenny Solomon - The Bone Collector.
- Kenny is the one all the way in the back. I just re-visited the 1999 thriller The Bone Collector for the first time in years. I saw it's flaws, but saw it's strengths as well and actually want to check out the novel now. One minor supporting character I thought Damon could have played Detective Solomon very well. Damon had quit acting in the 90's after getting a record deal with his band Naked which had two songs that hit #1 on the billboards, as well as being featured on the television show Buffy. He then went on to starting a record company, as well as a producer. The awesome thing about Damon was he always looked much younger than he really was. He would have been the perfect age, and I think would have been awesome to see him come back to acting in this sleeper hit.

3) Quicksilver - X-Men films.
- I really dug the X-men prequels (well at least the first two) I found Evan Peters to do a pretty great job playing such an iconic character who was a complete riot. I do think that the third film it kinda lost it's luster, but last year I posted my dream cast had the X-men movies been made in the mid 80's. Damon as a teenager would have rocked playing Quicksilver. I mean Chip with silver hair! Amazing!!!

2) Billy - Candyman
- This was such a minor role, but as much as I love me some Ted Raimi, seeing Damon play this brief role would have been a nice little nod due to his past film credits in other iconic horror movies. I really think Damon could have been the king of 90's horror movies!

1) Jim - The Hitcher.
- The original Hitcher is one of my all time favorite movies. C. Thomas Howell was legendary in this role and in my eyes one of the last truly amazing films of his career as a young man.  Damon I think would of have been amazing playing Jim, the unlucky kid who pulls over and offers the wrong man a ride.

In the end of the day Damon still played some truly awesome roles in the 80's and 90's. Today he's a famous mural artist supporting animal rights and has work featured all over the world. He briefly came out of his acting retirement to do a cameo in Pee Wee's Big Holiday. He's also worked with PETA. 

AND... he's also our legendary mascot of Staystillreviews!!! 3 cheers to Chip!




No comments:

Post a Comment