Sunday, October 15, 2017

Rock & Shock recap 2017

 Rock & Shock recap 2017

What better way to celebrate a Friday the 13th weekend in October than to go to a horror convention?! After a very exciting weekend of watching slashers, making gross stuff, and celebrating everything all horror I decided to head on down to the ever so popular Rock & Shock convention to catch up with old friends. Rock & Shock is near and dear to my heart since it was my very first convention I ever attended back in 2006, and a show I went to several times with my late mother. It holds great memories for me. In fact, I've even vended at this show several times before and always had a blast. In fact I would have loved to vend it again but plans fell through. Remember kiddos, Amity Antiques may have a comeback in 2018! Stay tuned!!! Any who this month has been tough since I've been sick as a dog and really didn't feel 100% yesterday. Still, I had a blast catching up with friends.

I spent most of the time with friends Chris and Courtney at the London 1888 booth. These guys are my favorite horror couple and sell super cool stuff. I basically called myself the London 1888 mascot yesterday. I was useless, but smiled at customers and yelled "Treat yo self!" every time they bought something. Hey, what can I say...I know how to rope people in. ;)

Me and Courtney attended our friend Ken's panel with Ace Von Johnson, Riki Rachtman, and of course Mr. Zach Galligan. This panel was a riot since Ken asked the guys about TV past and present. It was super funny/interesting and yes, I'll be that guy and mention that when Tales from The Crypt was brought up and Zach guest starring he pointed to me and told the audience that I have him from that story tattooed on me and thanked me at the end of the panel. I think we all know what a Galligan fan I am so of course it made my day. Zach, you special guy. Please come to Boston more!!!

I had Galligan sign an original press book from Waxwork. I also told the woman sitting with him about Galligangiving. She looked a little freaked out. Listen lady, it's a national holiday. Get with it. As always it's a pleasure with Galligan. Everyone at HorrorHound this November tell that fella I said hi. Really wish I could have hung out longer had I been feeling better. Galligan, I'll see ya soon! 

The next guest I really only wanted to meet was Mr. Derek Mears best known for this roles in the Friday the 13th remake as well as The Hills Have Eyes remake. I wanted to meet Derek because of his role on Twin Peaks The Return this summer. His scene was a complete riot, and I knew I needed to get a shot of me arm wrestling with him via Evil Cooper. Derek is seriously one of the nicest guys in the business. He even gave me an extra free autograph after signing my Twin Peaks Bang Bang Bar CD. Nothing but nice things to say about this guy. Total class act.

Me and Courtney walked around for a bit, even said hi to Mr. Adam Green. I mostly hung at the London 1888 booth but also swung by to see some vendor friends.

Of course I had to visit friend/tattoo artist Shane Murphy. Shane has been my tattoo artist since 2011ish I believe. He's the man responsible for all of my beautiful ink that covers my legs. Shane also runs a pretty kick ass company called Theater Of Creeps where he sells awesome pins and art pieces. Shane was tattooing this weekend and did a killer Pennywise tattoo yesterday that I saw. I swung by Shane's booth to chat with me and his girlfriend Lacey. I got a great Friday the 13th pin set where he did the first 4 Jason's. What better way to celebrate the Friday the 13th holiday than to get some Jason's? I'll be visiting Shane next weekend where he's going to be doing a Twin Peaks The Return tattoo on me. I seriously can't wait! West sideeeeeee!

I of course went to my favorite booth VHSPS run by George and Sean. These guys have so many amazing out of print movies. I could seriously spend all day just looking at how many titles they have. I ended up getting Night Of The Demons 3 and House Of Death, a pretty decent slasher I watched on Youtube a few years back and really enjoyed. 

I swung by The Cooliage theatre booth where my buddy Mark runs. These guys always knock the movie marathons out of the park. In fact one day I will indeed make it out for the camping Friday the 13th event they now hold. In the past I've attended several screenings at Cooliage (The Burning, where I did makeup in the lobby, Jason Takes Manhattan, The Monster Squad, Critters, and went once to the Halloween marathon where they aired The Blob remake, Night Of The Creeps (for the second time there), An American Werewolf In London, Poltergeist, TMC2, Nightbreed...and I swear something else but this place is always a killer time and a must to visit if you love movie and are anywhere near Boston.) 

DiabolikDVD was my favorite booth this year. I was floored over how many amazing DVDs they had (they were even selling tapes!) I'm now for sure going to check out this vendor's website. I've always known about them, but had zero idea how much cool stuff they had. Over the weekend several people texted me this photo as shown above. This is the German release of Waxwork. 160$ was a little too rich for my blood. In fact (confession time, I actually prefer the sequel's release from that German company.) still super cool to see as a collector. I ended up getting the Night Of The Living Dead remake blu-ray, Effects, and April Fool's day novel. Such an awesome booth!

Mood.


Thanks James for those killer books. I'm sure me and Sean will cherish our autographed copies forever.

Yep.

Found a freshly shaven Negan so of course I ran after him to snap a photo. He looked thrilled. 

As always a great weekend. Like I said I really wish I had felt better to chill longer but it was a blast nevertheless. Really great seeing everyone and catching up. Yet another reason why Mass needs more conventions so we can all hang more often! Fingers crossed for Galligan to return for Rock & Shock 2018!!! Huge thanks to Ken, Stacy, Chris, Courtney, Sean, George, Mark, Galligan, Andrea, Nate, Nate, Meg, and everyone else. Guy guys rock. 

Until next time guys!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment