Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Top moments from Twin Peaks The Return part 2!!!

Top moments from Twin Peaks The Return part 2!!!
I'm still trying to process the final episodes that aired this Sunday of Twin Peaks. I'm still in complete awe and hope to somehow get a few of my thoughts down later this week. Until then here is the second half of my favorite moments from this season.

41). Richard visits his grandmother.
- I know this is a disturbing scene that many people hated but I think it set up what a horrible person Richard was assaulting and stealing from his grandmother and uncle. The delivery of his line "Cunt." killed me, but yeah I can see why people were bothered..."giggles"

42). Another epic Roadhouse performance. 
- Beautiful. Just beautiful. 

43). Shelly's hood ride.
- Here we get to see Becky's temper, and the fact she's hiding her very disturbed marriage from her parents. Here poor Shelly who turns a blind eye to her daughter's problems is so desperate to help her that she legit flings herself on a moving car from stopping her from making a horrible mistake. 

44). "Yep, he's dead."
- So gross, but what makes it even better is Lynch's delivery of 'Yep, he's dead." I can't even...

45). A typical Twin Peaks Traffic jam.
- Over the top, frighting, and annoying. I loved Bobby's expression the whole time.

46). "Damn good pie."
- Such a tease, but fans loved it.

47). "Thank you Mr. Jackpots..."
- A touching cute scene, showing how pure Dougie was and what a good luck charm he truly was to everyone he came in contact with.

48). "Let's rock."
- Tammy is brought into Project Blue Rose, and Diane is brought onboard as well. What makes it even cooler is saying the famous words written in Fire Walk With Me.

49). Sarah's trip to the market.
- Unsettling, scary, and strange. I never thought I would find this woman frighting, but here we go.

50) Gordon's date.
- I for one loved these scene. How Albert just watches as she takes her sweet ass time, and Gordon is loving every second of it. I screamed laughing when Gordon tells Albert the time. These two were the true stars of the entire Return.

51). "Next stop Wendy's."
- The fact these two eat all the time. I died every time.

52). Audrey 25 years later.
- We all waited for this moment. Seeing Audrey all these years later brought smiles to our faces as odd and strange as her new life was. 

53). Celebrating with Dougie.
- Love the music and how over the top it is. Pure happiness.

54). The Jones' 7th heaven...
- So beautiful. Love the music, and the spotlight. This was such a gentle, cute scene that's placed in the middle of all this madness.

55). Arm wrestling from Hell.
- The fact Kyle arm wrestles Derek Mears just makes me fall in love with this scene even more. I love how deadpan Cooper is before legit smashing in Derek's face. Bad ass.

56). Richard sees his father.
- I think all Twin Peaks fans called it. I mean Richard is 25, and 25 years ago Doc Hayward saw Evil Cooper leave the ICU were Audrey was in a coma. Hum. Still a really creepy scene with no words spoken.

57). "What story is that Charlie?"
- It was here that audiences began to suspect all wasn't "right" with Audrey. Tiny little unsettling clues were laid out as Charlie and her talk in circles.

58).  "Just you..."
- James bringing it back old school. Full circle.

59). Gordon's dream.
- Hands down one of the most beautiful scenes in the entire series.

60) Andy is the one.
- Love how random this was, but how it showed Andy wasn't some throw away character. I believe only a man with a heart as pure as Andy would have been allowed to go. I loved it.

61) Sarah's reveal.
- Holy fuck.

62). "Wild Wild West."
- Hands down the best Roadhouse performance. I adored this entire scene. Chills the whole time.

63). Nadine sets Ed free.
- I will forever love these two. This scene was heartbreaking and beautiful at the same time. Amazing.

64). True love at last.
- Who says Lynch didn't tie up any of his stories? Who says everyone didn't get a happy ending. This my friends is true love...and it's beautiful. 

65). Mr. C talks with Philip.
- Lynch did an amazing job making up for the lack of David Bowie no longer being with us. In fact that entire scene was visually amazing. This ladies and gents is tattoo material. 

66). Audrey's offspring.
- The whole Mr. C/Audrey/Richard storyline had me on the edge of my seat. This moment was something that made me sit up straight, and drop my jaw. Amazing.

67). Freddie's magic gloves.
- This scene killed me. I loved the use of ZZ-Top and the sound effect of Freddie punching, which sounded like a gunshot going off. Amazing. 

68). Cooper wakes up.
- I think we were all screaming it's about time! Thank God!

69). The log lady's goodbye.
- I was a complete mess. This episode killed me. A fan favorite who has been our guide finally getting a proper sendoff. 

70). Screaming alone at the Roadhouse.
- I'll admit I originally thought this was Linda. Still between the great song playing at the roadhouse, and this creepy, strange, unsettling moment it's just Lynch fucking with us even more.

71). "Goodbye my son."
- Mr. C and Richard were a killer pair. Seeing Richard's very electrifying end was truly a shocking and beautiful moment out in the middle of the darkness. What made it even better was Jerry watching. Still, this scene confirmed a huge fan theory and the moment Mr. C deadpan said "Goodbye my son." I was screaming.

72). Blocking the driveway.
- Just another example of how quirky, funny, and odd Lynch can be. A fitting ending for two very memorable and comical characters. I love how random it was and how over the top and violent the bloodbath was.

73). "I am the FBI."
- I think Twin Peaks fans cheered at this moment. Between the original theme playing and Cooper being...well Cooper it was a dream come true after being asleep for so long.

74). Diane's confession.
- Laura Dern was an acting power house in this scene. What made it even better was the big reveal as well as the beautiful scene of her going back to the Black Lodge.

75). Audrey's dance.
- One of my top favorite moments. Here we got to see Audrey finally be herself, bringing us back to the 90's as she danced almost under a spell. What truly made this scene was the reality of it all shattering and finding poor Audrey trapped somewhere confused and terrified. After hearing her tragic backstory with Mr. C and her son, you can't help but feel horrible.

76). Mr. C's end.
- I feel after a season of build up we could of had more of a epic ending with my favorite character/villain Mr. C, still I called what would happen and did like the tension being built up. Props to Kyle was playing so many different but wonderful characters.

77). Trying to change the pass.
- A beautiful scene watching Cooper return to save Laura that fateful night. I for one could have seen this being the true ending. Between the classic TP song playing, Laura's screams, and of course seeing the timeline shift watching Pete going to his fishing trip now not disturbed. Brilliant.

78) A new time.
- This part was strange, mysterious, but interesting. It raised a ton of questions, and opened up a whole new world for us.

79) What year is it.
- I'll admit, this ending frustrated me at first and I hated it. After constant re-watches, I now understand what Lynch was going for, and that final shot of Cooper and "Laura" in the street will now go down as one of the most chilling moments in the whole series.

80) The fact we got a season 3.
- I forever be grateful that I was alive when a brilliant, visually stunning, frustrating, magical, and very mysterious season was given to us by Frost and Lynch. I will forever wish for another season, but for the time being, I'm very happy with what we got. What a wonderful and strange ride it has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment