Monday, September 4, 2017

Top moments from Twin Peaks The Return part 1!

 Top moments from Twin Peaks The Return part 1!
I truly feel completely speechless at this exact moment. Last night was the two hour finale of the third season of Twin Peaks. A project that fans, actors, Frost, and Lynch have been working on happening twenty-five plus years. Showtime got the honor of airing Lynch's 18 hour movie, which people had been dying to see happen ever since the question "How's Annie?" was muttered in the early 90's. Twin Peaks has always been one of my all time favorite shows. It's a form of comfort for me, and I've watched the original season multiple times over and over. I even have a Twin Peaks tattoo on the back of my leg, and for years have been collecting as many things based off the show. When I finally heard it was in fact confirmed season 3 was happening, holding Laura's promise of seeing Agent Cooper after all this time. Rumors began flying back in 2013 when the blu-ray of the first two seasons as well as Fire Walk With Me were re-leased. Shortly afterwards with Lynch and Frost teased on Twitter that our favorite gum was coming back in style. Before I knew it, things were moving at lighting speed. I avoided all spoilers as much as possible, and back in May I sat down feeling the most excited I had been in years. As a true Twin Peaks fan. This was a dream come true, venturing back to a world both wonderful and strange. Over the course of this summer, every Sunday without fail I've been glued to the TV. Last night, I was excited, overwhelmed, frustrated, and floored over what I witnessed. Who knows if we'll get a forth season. I just feel happy we got these 18 hours. Now that everything is said and done, I want to reflect on my top 80 favorite moments of the show. Remember kids...SPOILERS ahead!!! Here is part 1 of 2!

1) The Giant's 3 clues.
"430, Richard and Linda, two birds one stone." 3 clues, and two old fan favorites to kick us off on this strange and beautiful 18 hour ride. 

2) Evil Cooper's introduction.
- With a slowed down version of American Woman playing we get to see what Evil Cooper had been up to all these years. Such a bad ass intro. I loved it.

3) The glass box murders.
- The entire NY scenes were strange and mysterious. I loved them. This was really frighting, and sexy. Great set-up. 

4) Cooper's escape from The Black Lodge.
- It was wonderful and strange. I loved every second of it. It did take me some time to warm up to the effects, but in the end it's visual eye candy. I loved the shot of the floor moving or Cooper falling into space. Legit this scene was living breathing artwork.

5) Evil Cooper throwing up gramonbozia.
- I loved how this was filmed. It's gross, weird, and wonderful. Also am I the only one who found Kyle with those contacts and hair super sexy? What only me?!

6) Shadow being performed at The Roadhouse. 
- The Roadhouse performances were everything. This song I feel was one of the best. It captured truly the feeling of this season. 

7) Jade give two rides.
- "Dougie! We gotta go!" Everything about Cooper becoming Dougie and leaving the house with Jade killed me. I legit loved this scene and couldn't stop laughing. 


8) HELLLLOOOOOOO!!!
- One of many new catchphrases in this season. Love that at Comic Con Kyle screamed this to open the panel. 

9) "What the hell?!"
- I legit LOLed at this. Gordon, I adore you.

10) Fix your hearts or die.
- We get Denise as well as Gordon saying a statement I truly feel more people should follow these days. Lynch for president anyone?

11) Bobby sees his girlfriend's homecoming photo after all these years.
- Oh Dana. You silver fox. Here we see Bobby actually got his shit together. I love how it still shows how Twin Peaks is a soap opera. It's over the top, and beautiful. We see the iconic photograph as well as hearing the original score. I was floored. 

12) Wally Brando.
- Talk about a cameo. I was screaming laughing. Oh Lynch...you odd bastard. Love that you could tell the actors were barley holding it together during this scene. Forever my favorite. 

13) "Don't die..."
- The first scene to truly make me feel emotional was when Dougie/Cooper sees Mike and he tells him "Don't die." such a simple statement, but you know how important Cooper is. Beautiful. 

14) Coffee!
- Oh Dougie. While some people were frustrated with you...I adored you. This scene was everything. 

15) "It's yrev good to see you old friend."
- Unsettling to say the very least. We get a few minor hints that all isn't as it seems. Kyle captures this role perfectly. If you think about it, he did play 3/4 different characters this run. Tammy, Albert, and Gordon's faces say it all. Great acting.

16) Blue Rose.
- This entire scene was stunning. Love the talk between Albert and Gordon afterwards, knowing something isn't right. I love how much these two were in this story and makes it even more tragic that Miguel is no longer with us.

17) Bob still enjoying the ride.
- Lynch was brilliant using Kyle this season as our main villain. He used clever shots like this to show that Bob was in fact still here. The fact he was so smart writing around the fact that so many actors were no longer with us proves he's one HELL of an artist.

18) Becky riding high.
- What a stunning shot. Not only is Becky the product of Shelly and Bobby, she's also following in her mother's footsteps in choosing complete losers for spouses. This scene summed up how troubled the youth is in Twin Peaks and how yet again drugs are fogging the minds of the beautiful. 

19) Shovel out of the shit!
- There were tons of scene of Dr. J losing it. I laughed every time. So fitting for these times.

20) Meet Richard Horne.
- My second favorite character. Lynch did a wonderful job casting this villain who has some major history/backstory with two huge characters from the original run. This brief scene in the roadhouse set up how truly terrifying Richard was in this show.

21) Dougie remembers an old friend.
- This part broke my heart when somebody said this triggered a memory of Dougie/Cooper when he saw the statue and remembered his old friend Harry. What kills me even more is how they wrote that Harry is sick and very well might be dying. Seeing Cooper stare up at this killed me.

22) Richard's hit and run.
- A truly disturbing scene. Coked up Richard plows over a young kid. Harry Dean's reaction comforting the devastated mother broke my heart. It kills me that such a bastard of a character even had tears in his eyes seeing what he had done. Horrible. 

23) Mrs. Jones lays the smackdown.
- What a boss ass bitch. Lynch really does know how to write strong women you don't wanna fuck with. I loved her in this.

24) Hawk finds Laura's missing pages.
- Hawk finding the missing pages added more to my love of this show. It explained some stuff, as well as mentioning Annie who was absent this season. 

25) Hello Diane.
- The moment fans of Twin Peaks had been waiting for. First we got Albert sweating in the rain, before approaching the STUNNING Laura Dern. I got total nerd chills at this moment.

26) Jerry in the woods.
- The MVP of this season. I was screaming from the moment we saw him light up a joint in the forest, to him episode after episode high AF. I love Ben's phone call with the police in the last episode. It killed me. I truly never thought I would be this worried about Jerry. Man what was in that joint?!

27) Frank talks with the Doc.
- Always great to see an old fan favorite. This scene also made me love this Truman brother. It had warmth to it, as well as setting up a very tragic backstory on how Richard Horne came to be. Poor Audrey...

28) "Who are you?!"
- Give Kyle and Laura fucking awards for this scene. It set up many theories, and were all proven right last week. This scene was tragic, heartbreaking, and beautiful. 

29) The humming in The Great Northern.
- This was a strange, heartbreaking, and beautiful set of scenes. Two characters who have sexual tension (Ben still has it after all these years!) and both trying to find the source of the humming. I still have a few ideas of what exactly that was.

30) Ray shoots Cooper.
- This basically set us up for the very strange and wonderful episode 8. I loved the slowed down music, the woodsmen coming out, the smearing of the blood. When Evil Cooper sat up after the NIN performance I cheered. By far my favorite character this season.

31) The birth of Bob.
- This episode. Whoa. Still, very surreal, and unsettling. 

32) Laura's spirit being sent to Earth.
- Lynch truly made living breathing art. This scene made my eyes fill with tears. I adore the shot of her kissing the Laura ball before sending it to Earth. Beautiful. 

33) "Got a light?"
- This entire episode, most of all this character will forever haunt my nightmares. Holy HELL!!!

34) "I really like the red chair..."
- Who says romance is dead? I loved these two, and little cute moments like this shows the audience that Lucy and Andy are soulmates.

35) Major Briggs' clues.
- I loved Bobby's storyline, how he cleaned up his act, and after all these years really truly proved his late father right with knowing he would change. Him, Frank, and Hawk opening up his clues made me smile the whole time. Magical.

36) "We were gonna soak up the sunshine!"
- Hand this man an Oscar. Talk about a performance. I was screaming laughing the first time I watched it, yet loved it at the same time. Loved Albert's reaction afterwards "Fruitcake anyone?"

37) Miriam's attack.
- Just to prove how truly disturbing Richard is, he decides to shut poor sweet Miriam up. The shot of him charging and breaking open her trailer door is one of the scariest shots in the whole season.

38) Candie's bug killing skills.
- Candie is one of my favorite new characters from The Return. I love her outfit! This scene seriously kills me every time, most of all her reaction and how horrified she is. So adorable!

39) DOUGIE!
- I think Janey-E basically all of us when we saw Cooper/Dougie without his shirt on. HELLLOOOO! This was a comical and sweet take on a typical sex scene mostly played for laughs. I loved it.

40) Hello Johnny, how are you today?
- It's strange, terrifying, and adorable. Where can I buy one of these? Maybe it should be a future tattoo idea...hummmm.

Stay tuned tomorrow for the second half!!!
















































No comments:

Post a Comment