Sunday, January 8, 2017

Best Nightmare On Elm Street artwork part 1!

Best Nightmare On Elm Street artwork part 1!
As I sit here on this very snowy morning, I was pleasantly surprised when I sat down to have my morning coffee and was greeted by a Nightmare On Elm Street marathon on TV on the Syfy channel. Now I know, I own these movies on VHS, bootleg, DVD, and blu-ray ten times over, why re-watch them on TV? Well, I'm sure I'm speaking for any horror fan out there that just the over all idea that these movies are on basic cable in the middle of the day and it isn't Halloween is awesome. I don't care how many times I re-watch them, I will always enjoy these films. So far I've watched part 3 and my personal favorite part 4. The Nightmare On Elm Street movies hold a special place in my heart since the original made back in 1984 was one of the main reasons why I ended up loving horror as much as I do today. The original classic was a gateway into me finally deciding to stop being a chicken shit and finally sit down and watch the movie that had down right terrified me as a child and not block my eyes during the scary parts. It wasn't until I was on the edge of my seat during Tina's death in part 1 when I caught myself shouting to the screen "Turn the light on! Turn the light on!" That's when it hit me. "Turn the light on?" I was so caught up in this twisted violent scene that I actually wanted to see better and found myself shouting like an idiot at the character on the TV screen to flick a light on so I could watch his girlfriend get sliced up. 20+ years later I haven't turned back. Now I'm sure I've posted many topics on the best artwork for these films, even the original, but as of lately I've noticed some truly stunning pieces of work by many different talented artists. Here are some of the more eye catching ones I've seen on the internet. Stay tuned for a part 2 where I tackle the best artwork dealing with the sequels!!!























No comments:

Post a Comment