Sunday, October 9, 2016

Day 9 of 31 Tubular Terrifying Tapes!

Day 9 of 31 Tubular Terrifying Tapes!

On this rainy October afternoon I decided to chose the amazing 1980 classic Fade To Black. This is a film I discovered while at school. I watched it and couldn't believe how much I loved it. The movie tells the tragic story of a lonely young man who works at a film warehouse and lives with his wheelchair bound amusive aunt. The man is skinny, awkward, and obsessed with movies. One day he meets a young inspiring actress who looks EXACTLY like the late Marilyn Monroe. After being pushed too hard by his co-workers, boss, and aunt he snaps and kills his aunt in a complete rage. Now alone, he snaps and begins to dress up as famous movie icons to murder those who have wronged him. 

Sounds pretty good huh? Well guess what, it is. For any horror for film lover this is a must. 1980 was a great year for thrillers, and this joins the ranks along with The Fan. I still think they should remake this film to take place in currently times. I mean how cool would that be with all the cosplaying there is now?! Fade To Black is a great movie with lots of memorable scenes and chilling moments. I also highly recommend the novel that's based off the film that dives more into the deeply disturbed killer's mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment