Monday, October 3, 2016

Day 3 of 31 Tubular Terrifying Tapes!

Day 3 of 31 Tubular Terrifying Tapes! 

Today for my third choice for 31 Tubular Terrifying Tapes is the highly underrated Killer Party. This movie first caught my interest when I first noticed it's amazing poster while searching through a friend's own VHS collection. It wasn't long after that where I found this very rare movie for sale at my local record store on DVD. I snagged it and instantly fell in love. Now I'll be the first to admit, this took me several watches to finally fully pay attention to it. This doesn't mean it's a bad movie, it just shows I need to stop doing ten million things while trying to watch a movie. When I finally paid fully attention I ended up aboustley loving it. This film seems to be going into a thousand different directions at the same time (maybe that's why it was so hard to follow at first.) Is it a slasher, a supernatural movie? A tale of demons, possession? It's all of those things rolled into one. The best thing about this movie is how it opens with a movie within a music video, that's being watched by one of our leads. It's silly, over the top, but a really fun watch. I've said it before that this movie strangely reminds me of Halloween even if it does take place during April Fool's Day. I highly recommend it and can't bang enough about the catchy theme song!





No comments:

Post a Comment