Thursday, October 13, 2016

Day 13 of 31 Tubular Terrifying Tapes!

Day 13 of 31 Tubular Terrifying Tapes!

Today's choice for 31 Tubular Terrifying Tapes is Robert England's highly underrated 1980's take on the classic Phantom Of The Opera. I myself was never a fan of this story/musical (gasp) I know. Still, I found this to be a very interesting take with a very 80's spin to it. It took me YEARS to finally get around to watching this movie (even after owning it on bootleg and VHS) As a huge fan of Robert from the Elm Street series, you can clearly tell this was what they were trying to cash in on when Freddy mania was at it's highest in the late 1980's. (I mean look at the cover, he even looks like Freddy.) Still, this was a very cool take and revision on this movie, with the ever so lovely Ms. Jill Schoelen as the lead. This had a cool ending, and the chemistry between Jill and Robert is amazing. You can be a fan of the musical, or just a fan of horror in general to really like this re-telling. Check out right away and see how attractive Robert is in this movie, gross burnt face and all!





No comments:

Post a Comment