Sunday, January 10, 2016

RIP Angus Scrimm

 RIP Angus Scrimm

This morning I was woken up to some truly devastating news. Angus Scrimm passed away.

I really shouldn't feel that bummed out since the man lived a very full and happy life, but I can't help but feel a massive loss in the world of horror for two simple reasons. One being I never got the chance to meet Mr. Scrimm in person, and the second being that the Phantasm series is one of my all time favorites. 

I could go on and on about how much I love the Phantasm series. In fact this morning on my IG account I expressed how for years I've adored this series. I have written about the films, thought of theories, did artwork based off them, listened to the beautiful soundtrack, and have re-watched this sega over and over again with good friends. Angus was a classically trained actor who truly brought to life this living breathing colorful work of art in the form of Phantasm. By far one of the greatest villains of all time. My thoughts and prayers are with his friends and family and I'm sure wherever he is, he's strolling down some long hallway searching for his boy. Thank you Mr. Scrimm for inspiring me, and thank you for bringing us this amazing character. Just another reason why I want to get a Phantasm tattoo!

RIP Angus, you will be missed! Truly can't wait for part 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment