Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Bag of Bones - Dream casting

 Bag of Bones - Dream casting

Bag of Bones is one of my all time favorite Stephen King novels. I first read this book back in 2009 and it was one of the few novels I honestly couldn't put down. Never before would I just have to read a chapter before I went to bed. This book was a haunting story of love, loss, and grief. When I heard rumors of a mini series happening a few years later, directed by Mick Garris (A Stephen King favorite who was behind such gems as the epic The Stand, Sleepwalkers, Quicksliver Highway, Riding The Bullet, and Desperation. It seemed at the time that this haunting story was honestly in good hands.

Eh, sadly I was wrong.

I really don't have a huge issue with Bag Of Bones. Miniseries and films are never as good as the actual book. I really can't explain it. The miniseries was filmed beautifully, but the casting I feel was a huge reason why it was completely off.

Bag Of Bones is a great movie to watch around the summer since the mini series and novel takes place over the summer following a middle aged author who returns to his lake house up in Maine to try and get over a horrible bout of writer's block after losing his wife a few years before hand. Burnt out and hurting, he returns this small town and begins receiving messages from the other side warning him that a young woman and her daughter are in danger. Is it the spirit of a young African American jazz singer who was brutally murdered years ago, a curse that surrounds the families of the lake, or maybe his deceased wife?

Here are some of my choices of who I believe should have been casted.

Mike Noonan
-Zach Galligan

Jo Noonan
- Sarah Wayne Callies 

Mattie Devore 
- Margot Robbie 

And for the love of everything, cast a fucking younger child for Kyra! I HATED the fact they had a seven almost eight year old playing her. 

Thoughts?








No comments:

Post a Comment