Monday, July 13, 2015

The Burning (1981)

 The Burning (1981)

If anybody ever asked me what one of my all time favorite slashes were, the answer would be simple.

The Burning.

I discovered The Burning a little later in life, but hold it very close to my heart. Not only is it one of my favorite slashes, it also features some of the best gore work from the 1980's. The raft massacre will and forever be one of my favorite scenes to grace the blood splattered screen. 

A while back I sculpted up for shits and giggles both Crospy and Woodstock out of clay. Sadly, when I was attempting to do a silicone mold of Cropsy, the figure nearly got ruined, so I shelved that project until I can get better materials. This is killing me since dozens of people have come forward interested in buying these two pieces, but I've been trying to put the protect on hold so when I do actually mold these babies up, I can sell a good product. In fact a friend of mine has talked with me, and we're planning (fingers crossed) on doing a table at Rock & Shock this year where I will sell some of my artwork, as well as if everything goes as planned maybe a few Burning figures. Until then, stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment