Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer Camp Nightmare (1987)

 Summer Camp Nightmare (1987)

What doesn't say summer more than camp?

A few years ago while VHS hunting I stumbled upon a pretty awesome score in the form of Summer Camp Nightmare, a cheesy low budget film made in 1987. Not exactly a slasher or even a horror movie by any means, it's basically about an uprising at a isolated summer camp in the middle of the woods. One of the teenagers revolt, and slowly things begin to get out of control. First some of the more unsettling things that go on at the camp begin to be revealed, then the councilors are locked away and harmed, before you know it all communication is cut off from the camp and the children and teens are let to run wild. It isn't long before things get out of hand between murder, rape, and even revenge.

This is a movie I honestly have seen only once when I popped this title in my VCR. This is a movie I very much would like to revisit since it has such a simple storyline, but builds really great suspense very quickly. Maybe this weekend I'll pop in one in and see if it still holds up.



No comments:

Post a Comment