Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Cujo remake in the works. God help us all...

 Cujo remake in the works. God help us all…

I can't even get upset anymore. I'm just completely and totally done. It seems that 1983 rabid dog King classic is getting the remake treatment. A series of Stephen King's works have all ready gotten the remake treatment. Sadly I feel if this movie is next on the chopping block…it's only a matter of time before one of my all time favorite movies is remake as well.

Christine.

"Gulp"

I pray that doesn't happen since King and Carpenter made horror history with that film. I'm just a little nervous since that film was made in 83 as well.

The original Cujo is a great twisted fairy tale of what can happen to an innocent creature and how a simple series of events can lead to tragedy. The novel is one of my all time favorites and I make it a summer tradition to re-read it every year. I honestly have read this book at least twenty or so times. No reason behind it, just that it's a great book that packs a punch. The movie was brilliantly directed, and even tho they did lighten a few things up, the main star of the film is of course Dee Wallace Stone who gives one of the most powerful performances I've ever seen in a horror movie. 

I could of had somewhat high hopes for this movie, but after hearing the latest rumor all I gotta do is roll my eyes. It seems that it's going to be called C.U.J.O which stands for Canine Unit Joint Operations. Um, didn't they make this movie in the early 90's called Man's Best Friend? 

Ah, my head hurts…



No comments:

Post a Comment