Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 12 - 31 scenes of terror - Amityville 1992 It's About Time.

Day 12 - 31 scenes of terror - Amityville 1992 It's About Time. 

For the 12th day of 31 scenes of terror comes from not only one of my favorite movies of all time, but one of my favorite sequels as well.

This being Amityville 1992 It's About Time.

This scene that I'm covering is a certain scene that I just can't help but love. In this highly underrated sequel, this was a brief shot of life that the Amityville series badly needed. As much as I enjoy the next installment The Next Generation, I just can't help but really admire that Tony Randel (director) tried to do not only for the sixth installment in a failing series, but for a horror film made in the early 90's when movies like this weren't really getting the time and attention they needed.

Amityville 1992 features a great cast, and the two standouts have to be the two teenagers from the family that becomes victim to the cursed clock from the original house. Lisa (Megan Ward - Freaked) and Rusty (Damon Martin - Ghoulies II) In the scene I'm talking about is towards the end after Lisa becomes possessed and turns from girl next door to trashy 90's slut. Trapped in the house, Rusty finds his entire bedroom covered in blood and his sister weeping on the floor. Picking her up, he attempts to get her out of there when she begins to mutter "Oh Rusty, it's so horrible!" When he asks what is? She replies "That your my brother..." and the most epic shot ever is a close up of her licking his ear. Gotta love this creepy and beyond hilarious scene with that 90's head banging music blasting. 

I love this scene so much it's the background of my phone and I had Nate Milliner (artist from Scream Factory do a custom piece for me this summer.) In fact, I plan on getting Lisa and Rusty tattooed on me. 

Brother and sister realness! 


No comments:

Post a Comment