Monday, December 2, 2013

Night Of The Comet - 1984

 Night Of The Comet - 1984

PLOT - A comet wipes out most of life on Earth, leaving two Valley Girls to fight the evil types who survive. 

LOWDOWN -  I don't exactly remember when I first watched Night Of The Comet, only that it was a blind buy along with one of my all time favorite movies Summer School. I remember being truly susprised by how much I instantly fell in love with the charm of Night Of The Comet. With a clever sci-fi plot straight out of a 50's movies, two valley girls who were beyond likeable with great fashion taste, some pretty impressive effects, and of course a killer soundtrack...Night Of The Comet quickly became one of my favorite Christmas movies of all time!

I have fond memories always watching this movie around the holidays, in fact back at school we tried to do a 12 days of Christmas thing, watching holiday themed movies until everyone flew back home for the vacation, and Night Of The Comet was my choice, always a great pick after having a few beers.


What I really loved about the movie was the humor. The newscaster saying "New Foundland..." and of course the clever one liners. Like I said the leads were all likeable and I loved the new spin on a zombie movie. With lots of action, great moments, and like I said before a killer soundtrack Night Of The Comet is a great underated holiday movie that is a must to watch around Christmas. With Scream Factory's new release of the movie, it's safe to say as a fan I'm beyond pleased. 


5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment