Friday, November 22, 2013

Greatest teen movies from the 1980's

 Greatest teen movies from the 1980's
I've said it once, and I'll say it again...I was born at the tail end of the wrong decade. In fact over and over again people are truly stunned to learn that I'm only 25 years old. (I think this is a nice way of saying "Wow really?! You look like you're forty you piece of shit!" but hey, what can I say...I've always been mature.) In fact as a teenager I was constantly told over and over again that the way I dressed, acted, the types of movies, and music I liked I seemed to be stuck in 1986. I think a huge reason behind this is that I had a very cool mother who raised by around some of the best music and movies of all time. In fact even though the 1980's wasn't an awesome decade, music and movie wise it was a whole hell of a lot better than the bullshit I grew up watching and listening to in my teens. I mean I honestly feel I was the only 13 year old who had a crush on Corey Feldman. Who owned Footloose on cassette, wore legwarmers, and owned every single movie the brat pack was part of. So here it is, in my eyes, back when teen movies were teen movies. Back when these films were fun, and a must to watch now after a few drinks in you so you can quote the hell out of them. Here are the greatest teen movies from the 1980's.

Sixteen Candles

The Breakfast Club

Pretty In Pink

Say Anything 

St. Elmo's Fire 

The Sure Thing 

Losin' It

Summer School

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

First Born

The Lost Boys

Dream A Little Dream 

Fast Times At Ridgemont High

Thrashin'

Valley Girl 

The Outsiders

Red Dawn

The New Kids

Class

One Crazy Summer

Grandview U.S.A

Just One Of The Guys

Secret Admirer

Some Kind Of Wonderful

Loverboy

Heathers

Night Of The Creeps

River's Edge 

Peggy Sue Got Married 


No comments:

Post a Comment