Tuesday, October 8, 2013

WEEK 2 – Television terror! - Day 8 - The Midnight Hour

 WEEK 2 – Television terror! - Day 8 - The Midnight Hour

PLOT - Phil, Melissa, Mitch, Mary, and Vinnie are high school friends, who unwittingly raise the dead on Halloween night. Once the dead have returned, Pitchford Cove will never be the same again....or will it? 

The Midnight Hour is one of the fondest movies I've adored ever since I was a child. I've said it once and I'll say it again, this is one of the main movies that got me into horror when I was a child. Wonderful memories come back to me from renting this movie back when video stores were still awesome and not part of a chain. This is a movie I watched with my mother, and still look at as one of the best Halloween movies of all time. Even though it is a bit cheesy, and dates itself (the get dead dance scene) it's still a movie for everyone of any age. With a great setting/actors/makeup/soundtrack/and monsters, The Midnight Hour is and will forever be a favorite of mine. The fact this aired back in 1985 on TV still amazes me. This was back when made for TV movies for the season were still awesome. I urge anyone to either track down a VHS copy of this movie or find a bootleg (movie is out of print and fetches a high dollar on line.) In fact I would go so far to urge anyone to check out this movie and bet nearly 100% you'll enjoy it. 

(part one)

In fact back when I was at school I still remember I helped clean out a mold for a friend in order for them to download it for me. Sitting in the guy's apartment all alone, I re-watched The Midnight Hour and rememebred all the wonderful memories I got seeing it again.

Now with a sweet VHS copy and a bootleg I can pass on the word about how truly amazing this movie really is!


Thanks to my friends Kristy and Alex for going to Monster Mania this summer and meeting Mr. Lee Montogomery for me and having him sign my VHS copy AND leave a very awesome voice mail message. I'll admit whenever I feel down I replay this message and can't believe how lucky I am to have such amazing friends to do this for me!

So to kick off week 2 of my 31 days of terror, here's to The Midnight Hour, one of the greatest made for TV movies of all time!


No comments:

Post a Comment