Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 7 - Hello Mary Lou Prom Night II

 Day 7 - Hello Mary Lou Prom Night II

PLOT - Thirty years after her accidental death at the 1957 senior prom, the tortured spirit of prom queen, Mary Lou Maloney, returns and she is out for revenge. 

So instead of doing a usual/typical review like I did last summer on this movie, I decided to quickly say what a truly awesome and amazing movie Hello Mary Lou is. Deciding to go against the grain and not be a direct sequel to the 1980 slasher starring Jamie Lee Curtis, Hello Mary Lou strays away from the typical slasher storyline and decides to show a very cool supernatural tale of a vengeful ghost from the past. The movie screams the 1980's between the sets, clothing, lingo, and of course the soundtrack. With a strong cast, awesome practical effects, and one of the best female villains of all time, it makes me honestly wish more sequels in the 1980's were as awesome as this one. Finally getting the respect it deserves, Hello Mary Lou has become a cult classic!

I mean I am a pretty big fan...Also check out the AMAZING Prom Night II shirt Fright Rags released last year. It's my far one of my favorites!




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment