Monday, September 23, 2013

Scream Factory Day Of The Dead

 Scream Factory Day Of The Dead

So this past weekend I decided to go ahead and buy one of my all time favorite zombie movies ever made. Yep that's George A. Romero's Day Of The Dead. Even though I own this baby on VHS and DVD, I knew the second Scream Factory announced their brand new re-release for this movie I just had to get my hands on it.

Day Of The Dead has been a favorite of mine ever since I can remember. In fact I think I was either ten or eleven when I first watched it after discovering the massive awesomeness of the Pittsburgh crew as I slowly began watching Night of the living dead, and Dawn of the dead. Like I said I can't clearly remember exactly when I did first watch this movie but I became obsessed with it. I used to watch my VHS tape all the time. It also didn't hurt that I had a massive crush on Cpt. Rhodes. Love a short guy who shouts and screams! This movie also continued my interest in SFX makeup. I really don't care who I offend when I say this but I feel Tom Savini topped himself with this movie and that's one of the main reasons he stopped doing effects. He didn't want to change with the currant times and went on to become an actor. (eh...) Still, there's no hiding the fact his effects in both The Burning, and this movie were nothing less than outstanding. I'll give the man props when it's due.

Day Of The Dead is a truly beauitfuil movie. In fact I remember as I watched this film on a constant loop so many of my family members refused to watch it with me. My sister even said that she didn't like this movie since it was too voilent, dark, and depressing and she would legit get sick whenever I had it on. Talk about awesome!

I loved everything about this movie, the storyline, the dark setting in the underground mines/bunker, the dialog, the score, the effects, the zombies, and the truly epic moments. In my eyes this really should have been the last "Dead' movie. I hated all the others that have followed. I truly wish they could have made a Dusk of the Dead to complete the full circle but whatever. I feel this was the last movie where effort was made. 

The Scream Factory release is stunning. With brand new features, an awesome menu, and seeing this movie finally in HD. I am one very happy fan!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment