Thursday, August 8, 2013

RIP Karen Black.

 RIP Karen Black

Today my heart grew heavy when I came home from dinner with a friend and quickly learned while checking emails that Karen Black lost her long battle with cancer. 

I had the pleasure of meeting Karen back in 2007 at Monster Mania. If MySpace wasn't being such a see you next Tuesday, I would show you the photo of us together but sadly that vast wasteland of a site is grid locked. Anywho, when I did meet Karen she was a very lovely and sweet person. When we posed together, she put her arm around me and just gazed at me for a second. I'll be the first to admit it made me a little uncomfortable until she just smiled and said "You have the most beautiful skin." For a person who doesn't take compliments very well, I was truly touched. I'll always remember the late Kevin Aucoin's quotes in one of his makeup books talking about how he found unique beauties like Karen Black the most beauitfuil. I couldn't agree with him anymore.

Karen starred in so many cult classics, some of my personal favorites being Burnt Offerings, Trilogy Of Terror, House of 1000 Corpses, and of course Come Back To The Five And Dime Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean. 

Karen you will be missed and I will forever remember you as one of the most beauitfuil women alive. 

Did You know?
Karen was pregnant while filming Burnt Offerings. Due to clever wardrobe and camera tricks, you really can't tell at all. Her baby went on to be her co-star and lead of the remake of Invaders From Mars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment