Thursday, July 11, 2013

Waxwork/Waxwork II on blu-ray. Let's make this a reality!

 Waxwork/Waxwork II on blu-ray. Let's make this a reality!
Just a few days ago after some pretty stage advice by Chris MacGibbon (one of the men behind getting The Video Dead released on blu-ray for Scream Factory.) I decided to finally start something I've been wanting to do for the last year or so. 

That's to try and get the ball rolling with getting both Waxwork and Waxwork II: Lost In Time released on blu-ray. 

Not too long ago Artisan released their bare bones double feature DVD that was less than impressive. THEN to add insult to injury they put the original film on the very awesome Horror Movie 8-pack, but did the ratted version in which the image was so dark you could barley see anything. I love that Horror Movie 8-pack, but as a Waxwork fan seeing my beloved favorite given such shitty treatment, it broke my heart.


So my goal is pretty modest, I want to show the massive fan base these two fans have to show to studios and see maybe...just maybe in the future if they could get the treatment they deserve. So here's the link to my page. Show your support. I know this is a shot in the dark since the right owners are Lionsgate, and from what I hear they are a tough studio to crack. My present goal is modest. All I want is to show the support of these films and show that after all these years they are still just as loved, maybe even more than when they were released. What I'm hoping to do is to keep raising numbers, have interviews with the cast and crew, and show the studios that these two cult classics deserve the release they were made for!

No comments:

Post a Comment