Sunday, June 16, 2013

Interview with fellow movie lover Jeanette Milo.

 Interview with fellow movie lover Jeanette Milo.

This week's interview is from my very good friend Jeanette who I met while attending Tom Savini's special effects makeup school in PA. Jeanette was my roommate for almost a year, and still remains one of my very good friends. Together the two of us have gone on some pretty bizarre adventures, but share the same passion for movies and never fail to make each other laugh. A prosthetic painter and effects artist, Jeanette is a New Yorker, who grew up watching all the same classics I did as a kid. No wonder we became such great friends. Here is my mini interview asking a few questions and thoughts on some of my favorite horror movies.

1). Top ten favorite horror movies of all time.
How can you do this to me?!
Ugh, okay, here goes....
Popcorn
Halloween
Black Christmas (original, obviously!)
Nightmare on Elm Street
Friday the 13th
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
The Devil's Rejects
The Monster Squad
Creature From the Black Lagoon

2). Most scared you have ever gotten while watching a movie?
Sinister...honestly, some of those scenes disturbed me for weeks. I couldn't sleep late at night alone...just awful. So much respect.

3). Last horror movie you saw in theaters?
The Purge...but let's just say Hatchet III for good measure. Adam Green, you inspire me. <3

4). Movie you really wish they would make a sequel to or remake?
Behind the Mask!!! Wish Before the Mask could be made. Leslie for life.

5). Best ending to a movie and why?
The Devil's Rejects....honestly, Free Bird playing while our villains/heroes die while cruising? Hell yes. Gimme that. And our first Hatchet movie....main female lead screaming with Victor holding her from the water then the credits rolling? Laughed SO hard, fell in love IMMEDIATELY. 

6). Favorite slasher series?
Oof...way to make these questions tough! Friday the 13th. Gimme that hockey masked hunk. Try to have sex and smoke pot in his camp, I dare you.

7). What do you do in your spare time?
I watch horror movies, duh. Seriously, I barely have spare time with work and my fx work and I love traveling and visiting friends...so I like to lay in bed and watch movies with my barely-there spare time.

8). What movies do you clearly remember watching as a child that helped usher you into the wonderful world of horror?
Specifically coming to mind- A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Phantasm, Popcorn, Poltergeist..and these were all before the age of 5. Thanks, Mom and Dad!

9). All time favorite villain and why?
Michael Myers because truthfully, I don't see a reason as to why he does any of it other than pure evil.. in my eyes, his mother was never a stripper and his father wasn't abusive...I still love my Rob Zombie, though. No disrespect. "The blackest eyes, the devil's eyes." That's where my heart is.

10). Best death scene ever seen in a movie?
Holy shit, whoa....Hatchet II with the 2 having sex and the headless corpse still banging her from behind....I'm a sick broad, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment