Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Randomness Awesomness Challenge-ness!

 The Randomness Awesomness Challenge-ness!
 Last night I read a very clever and interesting post from fellow horror blogger John Squires. John runs one of the coolest horror blogs around freddy in space  

I saw that a friend of his Chad E. Young came up with a little fun eight part questionnaire calling it  "Randomness Awesomeness Challenge-ness". At the end of John's very amusing and interesting post he mentioned if anyone who did a horror blog wanted in on the challenge to do it up and send him the link. Well since I had a little time to kill this fine Saturday morning, I decided to take him up on that. So here are my answers/photos.

#1 - A MOVIE STUB FROM ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE MOVIE EXPERIENCES 
 Just like John, I used to save every single movie stub I had. In fact I'm sure somewhere there's a huge pile of them. Lately though I usually toss them in my purse and at the end of every month when I try to clean out all the loose change and melted gum, those tickets go the way of the Dodo. One I did keep is acutely a pretty recent movie. This is from the midnight showing of Scream 4 when it was first released in April of 2011. I was in my final semester back at school and a few friends of mine decided to drive out to the city to take in this wonderful very underrated gem. In fact I had a pretty serious bet going on with one of them on if Courtney Cox was going to die or not. I'm a big fan of the Scream movies simply because these were being released when I was younger and I have very pleasant memories of going to see part 2 and 3 in the theaters with my mother and my sister. My late mother was a huge fan of these movies and I couldn't even tell you how many times I've seen the first three films. I count myself lucky enough to have a cool enough mom to take me and my sister to see the two sequels when they were released. Seeing part 4 was sorta a bittersweet time for me simply because my mother wasn't there to enjoy it with me. Still, part 4 delivered the goods and as I watched the movie I knew that this would have been a movie she would have loved. 

  #2 - A CHILDHOOD PHOTO OF YOU BEING A GEEK, OR REPPING YOUR GEEKINESS
Yep, I liked Ghost-busters long before it became "cool" to like Ghost-busters. This photo must have been taken back when I was five or six. I remember my mother got me this full jumpsuit in which I wore as an outfit many times in kindergarten, Can we say coolest childhood e-v-e-r?


# 3- A BIOGRAPHY THAT YOU JUST CAN'T STOP READING 
Even though I've only read this once, I would say as a fan of Mr. Englund's work or of the Elm Street films, this is a must. I'm more of a fan of reading about the making of a movie than about the actual person. Still, this was a great read and I'm still waiting for Mr. Sam Raimi to make his!

 #4 - ONE VHS TAPE THAT YOU'LL NEVER PART WITH
I'm a huge VHS tape collector, and the top four that I know for a fact I could NEVER get rid of are these little gems above. The Monster Squad one is simply because it's the same tape from my childhood. I had it signed by all of the monsters this past fall, and this along with my T2 tape I plan on getting buried with me. The Midnight Hour tape is another movie I just bought but brings back insane awesome memories from my childhood. This movie I seriously rented a million times from my local video store. Prom Night II is simply because it's one of my favorite movies, and because the artwork is dazzling. In fact as I'm writing this I'm wearing my Hello Mary Lou Fright Rags T-shirt. And last but not least is the holy grail of VHS tapes. This is my Waxwork II Lost In Time tape from Japan I scored off ebay. Every time I stare at it...I hear angels sing.

#5 - A PHOTO OF YOU AND A CELEBRITY THAT EITHER PASSED ON, OR NEVER DOES CONVENTIONS ANYMORE 
This photo always sorta bums me out. I was lucky enough to meet Corey Haim way back in 2008 at Monster Mania. Corey was legit. After waiting for HOURS in line for Feldman, I strolled on over to Haim's line and even though it was about lunch time he kept the line moving with meeting people. Corey was in two of my childhood favorites (Silver Bullet, and The Lost Boys) in fact Corey was cool enough to write "Born to shop!" on my Lost Boys VHS. He was a total sweetheart and it killed me that the next year at Rock N Shock when I met him with my mother, he looked so different and out of it. In fact as creepy as this sounds, after my mother and I met him my mom turned towards me and said "Such a shame, that boy doesn't have much longer on this Earth." The following year Corey died and what's even weirder was the fact when I hard the news I was wearing my Feldman Vs Haim shirt. RIP Corey.

#6 - AN ACTION FIGURE OR TOY FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD THAT WILL NEVER LEAVE YOUR COLLECTION
 Way back in 1998, I bought the Halloween 20th anniversary edition tape which came with this gorgeous little snow globe. Funny enough, back then I had no idea what widescreen was so I called the store up where I bought this asking if my tape was broken because there were two back lines going across the screen (...) The coolest thing was the snow globe which features a scene from the movie where poor scared Jamie Lee Curtis is sitting on the floor beside the sofa with her knitting needle as Michael looms over her. Well years ago my asshat sister (who's older by the way.) decided to knock a few of my things off my shelve in my room, this being one of them. How it didn't shatter is really beyond me, but poor Michael was broken from inside and now lays behind the couch. I really wasn't too upset since in the movie Laurie does stab him in the neck with the needle and he does fall down (...) If you shake this little baby red sprinkles meant to look like blood fly everywhere. How wonderful!

#7 - YOUR FAVORITE HORROR MOVIE SHIRT
Fuck, I forgot to flip the photo...oh well. Yeah I agree with John this is a tough one. I would say at the moment it's my Popcorn shirt from Fright Rags. I got this little baby when they were screening it back in Boston in 2011. Sadly a hole developed around the collar so I cropped it and how I rock it whenever and it looks awesome. Not the greatest pic of the shirt, but it's amazing to see the ladies at the bank always squint whenever I go in to see what's on my shirt.

#8 - A PHOTO OF YOU AS A KID, IN A HALLOWEEN COSTUME
For some odd reason I can't find any photos of myself when I dressed up as Ghostface, Freddy, and Jason. In fact I even looked for when I dressed up as an American Werewolf In London (me wearing the shirt from the movie with shitty homemade wolf ears, and holding an American flag...talk about clever.) Anywho, one I did track down was me when I was either one or two dressed as what appears to be maybe a dragon? That's my father's hand holding onto me so I don't fall down onto that sweet shit color shag carpet we used to have! Oh memories!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment