Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Custom VHS cover take 2

Custom VHS cover take 2

Earlier this month I decided to start a small little art project in which I take covers from movies I really didn't care about and revamp them into something I prefer a little bit better. Custom and alternate posters and artwork seems to be all the rage lately. There are so many talented artist out there who are selling or displaying their own visions based off some of their all time favorite movies. 

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not much of an artist. Before going to effects school I hadn't even really picked up a sketchbook before. Art to me was stick figures. I'm a true believer in practice makes perfect, mostly when it's something your interested in and you do for fun. The last two years I've been just fooling around with little drawing projects to try and get somewhat better with being able to improve my creative skills. So last night while watching Buried Alive II on VHS, I decided to make an alternate poster to one of my personal favorites Waxwork II.

I think people are going to start seeing a pattern, first Psychic, then Waxwork II. What can I say? I'm a big Zach Galligan fan. Now, I love the first Waxwork artwork, but the sequel's is a little lackluster. I mean for such an over the top awesome movie why not try to one up the original with the artwork? So fooling around I made a poster featuring both Sara and Mark and what appears to either be dripping wax or blood. You be the judge. Anywho, here it is. I hope someday in the future I can either improve on my drawing skills or maybe get some software to make this look a little bit better. I have to hand it to myself though, for even a rough draft I prefer my version better!

No comments:

Post a Comment