Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Staystillreviews' Annual Dollar Store Challenge!

 Staystillreviews' Annual Dollar Store Challenge!


Ah, it's the most wonderful time of the year! Yep, that's right. The weather is cooling down, the trees are changing colors, AMC is playing B horror movies non-stop, and everything is pumpkin flavored. 

Yes, Fall in New England is truly magical. 
Lots of hipsters that looked like this were oddly there today...




I myself in typical Stacy fashion didn't quite kick off my favorite season in style. Sadly I'm a total idiot and took a pretty bad fall at work a week or so after celebrating Stephen King Week. (No, I didn't fall dressed as a Stephen King character, but man that would have been awesome.) Since I'm currently laid up resting, I really haven't been able to celebrate all things Fall like I usually do. Still, I've been trying to make the best out of it, and thanks to my buddy Mark, I sent him on a mission to visit that really shady Dollar Store I usually visit each year to partake in this challenge. 

Let's see how he did!

Mark was given 10 dollars, and had to return with 10 spooky items. I really have to admit, I was pretty jealous since the photos Mark snapped inside showed that this Dollar Store really stepped things up with their display!

= Holy shit!

Mark's items he brought back for me...

1) Pumpkin flag:
This is honestly my favorite item Mark got for me. I love cheap decorations. He even hung it up for me outside since I usually only decorate inside (I'll be damned to have some teenagers smash my pumpkins or steal something I put up...aka I'm really 90. "Get off my lawn!") I have been dying though, the wind keeps whipping it around so it usually is facing the wrong way. Basically how I feel about the year 2021.

Moooooooood!


2) Plastic rotting rat:
Planning on using this next time I snap a photo of my Graveyard Shift VHS. Classic.

3) Plastic mini skull buckets:
These are super cool! I usually only see mini pumpkin buckets so this was super cool.

4)Hanging mini grim reaper:
I love these things! I have a much of skull ones, so this was a cute find. Need cheap but cool looking decorations? Boom, hang these little guys all over!

5) Goonies' lantern:
I'm just calling it a Goonies' lantern because it sorta looks like one of One Eyed Willies' decorations. These things NEVER light up and work, and if they do it usually lasts less than a day. Still, I thought it was super cool, and whatever it's made out of (plaster?) it's heavy. Boom, need a way to defend yourself against a home intruder = smash the Goonies' lantern across their face. #facts

6) Rubber bat:
Nothing says the Dollar Store Challenge than cheap rubber decorations. I plan on hanging this in the doorway of Rodger's room and seeing if I can make him scream like a schoolgirl when he gets up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. 

8 and 9) Rubber spiders/rats/eyeballs/fingers:
The one thing I did request Mark to return with was some of those cheap rubber goodie bag items I usually stick in care packages from Staystillreview prizes/care packages. Plus...one can never have enough fake eyeballs right?

10) This killer turkey headband:
Oh Mark...there are no words. Still, by going out in the worst neighborhood to do this challenge for me, I'll give you a free pass. Plus, when I'm drunk on Galligangiving I can totally rock this while watching Waxwork II. November feels all the way baby!


In closing, a very special thanks to Mark for helping me out this year, and to everyone else who has done the challenge! I'll be posting people's hauls on my IG stories this month! Hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween!

Again = Moooooooood!





















No comments:

Post a Comment