Friday, October 22, 2021

Halloween mood counter 2021!

 Halloween mood counter 2021!


One of my ALL time favorite things about Halloween is decorating. I usually start in late August. Ever since I was a kid, this was one of my favorite things about the Fall. In the last several years, I've taken a page out of Mr. Dinosaur Dracula, and started making Halloween "mood" tables. Basically you take a flat surface, and decorate it with some of your favorite Halloween decorations, horror figures, movies, etc. So  if somebody was to look at it, they would see basically what the inside of your brain around this spooky season would look like! 


I think Matt was brilliant thinking this up, and I've been doing this for the past few years, and totally getting a kick out of other fellow Blogger's Halloween themed tables! For more killer Halloween themed fun, head on over to Dinosaur Dracula. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that Matt's blog is one of my all time favorites, and I love watching his Youtube channel around this time of year!


In the past few years I've been decorating tables, jammed packed with glitter pumpkins, action figures, laserdisc, VHS tapes, and basically anything that makes me think of this truly magical time of the year. This year I decorated a counter in my kitchen, that I usually reserve for holiday decorations. For the past several months before hand I got lazy, so for the entire summer it was decorated with my Showdown In Little Tokyo collection. Once late August hit, I got off my ass and covered the entire counter with items from my collection downstairs, even picking up a few new items to add on, and every time I enter my kitchen. to pour myself a cup of coffee, I'm able to stare at a sight so beautiful, it's almost as lovely as a sunrise. (collectors get it) 


So here's a quick breakdown of some of the items I have that cover this year's Halloween mood counter...

- I won't be listing mini items such as slime, pumpkins, tiny ghosts, etc.


1) Cujo vinyl 
2) Album artwork for The Mind Of Eddie Quist
3) Readfull Things Produce Joe figure
4) Crospy and Woodstock figures (made by me)
5) Signed The Midnight Hour VHS
6) Haunted House music box decoration
7) Vintage horror novel
8) Mini Friday The 13th the series radio


9) Vintage Halloween cookbooks
10) Night Of The Creeps VHS
11) Near Dark VHS
12) Creepshow figure
13) Slumber Party Massacre figure
14) Waxwork records Creepshow artwork
15) Cycle Of The Werewolf book
16) Ghostbuster Marshmallow slime 
17) Return Of The Living Dead II London 1888 pin
18) Red Monster wine bottle


18) Pieces vinyl
19) Night Of The Demons vinyl
20) A Nightmare On Elm Street 4 Dream Master figure
21) Joe Bob Halloween figure
22) Graveyard Shift VHS
23) Dinosaur Dracula mascot doll
24) Vintage Tombstone wine bottle
25)Guttersnakes Creepshow pin
26) Halloween glitter cup
27) Voodoo doll
28) Squishy brains 
29) Rubber eyeballs
30) Pumpkin lights

- In closing, a very special thanks to Dinosaur Dracula for such a killer idea! One of my favorite things to do every year while decorating is my Halloween mood tables/counters. If anyone does one please share! I love seeing everyone's collections! Hope everyone is safe, and has a very happy Halloween!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment