Friday, July 10, 2020

Cocktail of the week! - The Elijah Wood!

Cocktail of the week! - The Elijah Wood!

This week's cocktail brought to you by guest bartender Anthony Stewart is named after Lord Of The Rings star Elijah Wood!

Anthony is a massive Lord Of The Rings fan. In fact when we both went to school together, I still remember the day after Thanksgiving he sat me down and we had a marathon of the original trilogy since I had never seen the movies before. Even though those films are most likely his most iconic, he will forever be the poor cousin to crazy Macaulay Culkin in The Good Son. Appearing in such classics such as The Faculty, Sin City, Cooties, and remake of Maniac.

Did anyone else love the show Wilfred?
Basically me and my dog Winchester.

So this is how you make a tiny little Elijah Wood...
  • 1 1/2 oz Irish whiskey (Fun fact - Elijah used to be the spokesperson for Bushmills whiskey!)
  • 8 Dashes of bitters
  • 1/2 oz of simple syrup shaken over ice hen strained into a tiny cup.
  • The cup is garnished with a candied orange slice and sprig of rosemary both singed with a butane torch.
  • When finished add 3 dashes of liquid smoke.
Enjoy!

I don't know about you, but this drink looks pretty damn good! Might have to whip one up and drink like I'm at the Shire!













No comments:

Post a Comment