Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Interview with Velizar Lonikov!

Interview with Velizar Lonikov!
"They're wet..."

It was this photo that made me absolutely love Mr. Lonikov aka Velfornia13 on IG. A fellow horror movie fan that has been killing with with his amazing taste in movies and jaw dropping cosplays. I was lucky enough to talk movies with him over here at Staystillreviews...


Top ten favorite movies?

Scream, Bring It On, The Descent, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Moulin Rouge, Spirited Away, Mean Girls, Hocus Pocus, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, and The Ring. 

What is a must to watch every December and why?

 A must watch every December, for me, is both Black Christmas movies back to back. There is just something so special and nostalgic about both films. The original is a creepy, slow burn, that gives me chills to this day. (Hello eye shot through the door!). The remake, which was panned, is a gleefully stupid, yet charming, reimagining of the story. There isn't anything scary about it, but it sure is pretty to look at!

What has been your favorite cosplay/costume you have dressed up as?

This is always a tough one for me because I've loved every single one of them. However, I think that the one that I love the most is dressing up as Sidney Prescott. Growing up, all I ever wanted to be was her, and now I can be! 

 Top 3 favorite TV shows?

Top three favorite shows?? Why must you do this to me! 
Friends
Two Broke Girls
True Blood

Best ending to a movie ever and why?

I would honestly have to say the best ending to a movie would go to The Mist. The way the movie plays with your emotions and then abruptly throws in that curveball...well it's gut-wrenching. 

Favorite scream queen?

Sidney Prescott. Hands down. She's such an amazing woman, and she's survived 7 serial killers. That's beast mode! 

Best villain/hero in a film?

Best Hero? Charlize Theron in Mad Max Fury Road. Best Villian? Voldemort. 

All time favorite VHS artwork you've ever seen?

All-time favorite VHS artwork will have to go to Sleepaway Camp 2. That was the one VHS I always ogled at Blockbuster and to this day still sticks with me. 

What movie/TV movie NEEDS to be released on blu-ray?


Susie Q needs to be released on dvd or blu ray like yesterday!! That movie deserves better! 

Favorite death/kill in a horror/slasher movie?

The entire Final Destination 2 deaths. 

Best film you've seen in theaters in this past year?

The absolute best film goes out to Crawl. That was one damn fun and thrilling ride in theaters! 

Favorite horror hunk?

 Ryan Reynolds. Amityville shirtless god. 

Favorite guilty pleasure movie?

Win a Date with tad hamilton. it's okay, you can laugh! 

Dream convention guest you would die to meet?

NEVE CAMPBELL! Which, will probably be a reality soon!

Any future cosplays we can look forward to?

 Right now I've taken a small break from doing cosplays to focus on Real Estate in California, but the future is an open book!

I will be getting back to it asap!

- HUGE thanks to Vel for taking the time to talk movies with me. Head on over to IG and give his page a follow (Velfornia13) 


No comments:

Post a Comment