Saturday, June 29, 2019

Interview with BJ Colangelo!

Interview with BJ Colangelo!
In keeping with our summer theme, as well as highlighting kick ass people in the horror community, I had the pleasure of asking Ms. BJ Colangelo (Sickening Pictures) a few questions about some of her favorites and summer essentials to go-to. BJ is truly a kick-ass lady, and one of my favorite writers! Thank you BJ for taking the time to visit Camp Staystillreviews!

1) What movies are summer essentials? 
Sleepaway Camp, The Burning, Piranha, Jaws, and Friday the 13th. 

2) Favorite camp slasher kill and why?
Few things can top Judy's iconic "death by curling iron" in Sleepaway Camp, but it's the other iconic Judy's death in Friday the 13th Part VII by "sleeping bag to a tree" that reigns supreme for me. 

3) Favorite guest you met at a convention?
Mink Stole of John Waters' fame was an absolute dream come true. We talked about pancreatic cancer, owning being a fat babe, and being unashamed of being filthy and proud.

4) Top ten favorite movies of all time?
This is like asking me to pick children. In no particular order, my favorites are: Fright Night, Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Phantom of the Paradise, Grease 2, Nightmare on Elm Street 2, Female Trouble, I Spit on Your Grave, Let the Right One In, and Suspiria

5) Favorite actress?
I would die at the feet of Toni Collette. I am ride or die for everything she does.

6) Favorite actor?
Chris Sarandon. At any and every age.

7) 5 books that are a must to read?
Rather than give my personal favorites, I'm giving you all homework. Look up the author Alexandra Heller-Nicholas and read literally everything she's ever published about horror. You'll thank me later.

8) Summer plans this year? Anything exciting coming up?
I'm going to Comic-Con! I'll be speaking on the Queer Fear panel with folx like Michael Varrati and Sam Wineman thanks to Prism Comics. 

9) What film ending made an impact on you?
The ending of Let the Right One In saved my life in 2008. I have "Sweet Dreams" in morse code tattooed on my arm because of it. 

10) Favorite summer cocktail? 
Anything my tgf makes me. She's the lead bartender at the tabletop board gaming bar in Cleveland we both work at (The Side Quest) and she's a mixologist at the absolute top of her craft. I just give her a word and she makes me a drink like magic.

Icon 


No comments:

Post a Comment