Monday, January 21, 2019

Favorite photo stagers on Instagram!!!

 Favorite photo stagers on Instagram!!!

Today I'm highlighting five very special horror fans on Instagram who are masters of the art of "Photo staging". Basically photo staging is when somebody snaps a photo of a movie, but jazzes things up by incorporating props that have to do with the movie, or pick a fun background to make the photo pop. I honestly thought this was just something silly I did when I first joined Instagram. Whenever Shout Factory would release a new blu-ray I would snap a photo trying to make it themed to go with whatever movie came out.

 In fact Shout Factory even made a post recognizing me for going the extra mile in my posts. As a total movie collecting nerd, this made my day. 


It was only a few years later that I noticed I wasn't alone when it came to snapping creative photos. In fact, I was blown away by how awesome these collectors made these photos look! I'm not huge on social media, but I'm a huge fan of Instagram. Not only is it a way to reach out for my blog, but it's a fun way to meet other fellow horror fans in the community and really have fun letting the creative juices flow. I've met some of the nicest coolest people on Instagram, and always have a blast whenever there's a themed week such as "Slasher film week, or 80's and 90's horror week." Here are five of my favorite posters who really have set the bar when it comes to staging the perfect themed photo!

Sp00kyghoul - Rebekah 
- Rebekah is complete collection goals. She's seriously a master of her craft with photo staging. Her ideas and attention to detail are mind blowing. I honestly could have just filled this entire auricle with photos of her tapes. It's always a highlight to see what she's up to and what's her latest idea. Hands down one of my favorite people to follow!!!

Stay_creepy_ibc - Dani 
- I discovered Dani last year during #slasherfilmweek. I instantly knew she was a complete riot when she explained how she had her husband help stage her April Fool's Day in making a noose in which her neighbors happened to see! Love it! Dani is adorable. She loves Disney and horror. I absolutely love her outfits (Girl! Those dresses are killer!) as well as her horror posts. One of my favorites had to be when she dressed up as Fox from Friday the 13th part 3!!!

Eyes.of.a.stranger_ - Meghan 

- Every time I see her username I think of that song from Valley Girl! Meghan is another true artist when it comes to snapping photos of her collection. She has great taste in movies, and really has an eye when it comes to her photos on her account. Seriously there are endless posts that look so cool! She always ends up posting a photo that reminds me to re-visit if I happen to have that one in my own collection! Her Blood Rage photo this year was e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g!

amovieguy14  - Charles

- Charles is definitely somebody I hope to run into at a convention in the future. This guy not only has a killer movie collection, but always seems to be having a great time. Let it be him traveling, posting with his beyond awesome Chucky doll, at the supermarket, or having a movie marathon you can tell this guy must be a blast to be around! I've been following Charles for awhile now and as always he never disappoints with it comes to his photo staging! Grade A all the way!!!

Thehorrorghoul - Jill

- Jill is my favorite Canadian horror fan! She has an amazing collection, and hosts some really awesome themed weeks on IG such as #slasherfilmweek. Jill seems like a really sweet girl, who has one of the biggest movie collections I've ever seen!

So in closing keep up the awesome posts guys, and if you aren't following these collections please do so ASAP!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment