Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Why Eamon Farren would play the perfect Victor Pascow in the Pet Sematary remake!

Why Eamon Farren would play the perfect Victor Pascow in the Pet Sematary remake!

With the Pet Sematary remake underway, and announcements of the cast being released, I just can't help but express why I believe Australian actor Eamon Farren would be the perfect choice playing the character of Victor Pascow.


Victor Pascow was originaly played by actor Brad Greenquist in 1989 Mary lambert film. As a massive fan of the novel, I feel this adaption was hands down one of King's top 5 films based off his work. We all knew it was just a matter of time, before this film got the remake treatment. Still, as production began, I couldn't help but feel a little hopeful and excited due to the names being dropped in this re-telling of what King claims is one of his scariest novels he's ever written. With Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer sitting in the directors' chairs, it's been told that they are sticking very closely to the novel which has beyond disturbing content. John Lithgow was one of the first names announced as playing the iconic character of Jud Crandall. Right away I began really having faith in this remake. Next came the casting of the lead Louis Creed. Jason Clarke was casted, and right away I really had to agree wit this choice. Jason is a really great underrated actor, and I truly discovered him when he stared in Winchester this past winter. I'm sure it's no secret how much I loved the Winchester movie. This is where I began feeling a little excited since Clarke's co-star in Winchester was no other than Mr. Eamon Farren.


I discovered Eamon last summer when he played the deeply disturbing Richard Horne in Twin Peaks The Return. Instantly I knew there was something about this guy. I began tracking down other films he had appeared in, including Jennifer Lynch's 2012 film Chained, which hands down is one of the most heartbreaking and disturbing films I've ever seen. Eamon has the true talent of being able to play characters both evil, and sympathetic. He seriously steals every scene he appears in. I truly believe his career is going to sky rocket as more and more people see what a great actor he truly is. I mean I became a fan pretty fast. I have tattoos of him from with Chained and Winchester. This guy is no joke. So this past spring when Dennis Widmyer tweeted that Jason Clarke was casted as Louis, I joked and tweeted him back saying he should cast Eamon, Jason's co-star from Winchester in the Pet Sematary remake. Well, Dennis liked it. I know that's not a big deal, but it made the wheels turn in my head. I'm sure the casting announcement would have all ready been released, and Eamon is currently filming an Agatha Christie movie of The ABC Murders in England, so I'm sure he isn't available for filming. Still, a girl can dream. I'm sure they have casted an unknown, and hopefully they will be able to fill the very big shoes Greenquist left behind. 


Victor is as iconic as Zelda in both the novel and original film. He's a college student who tragically is killed when he's accidentally hit by a truck while jogging. Dr. Creed tries to save him, but sadly is unable to. Here as Victor lays dying on the college clinic's carpet, he tells Louis a fighting warning, almost as if as he died, he could see the horrifying future awaiting Dr. Creed. Here he stars appearing to Lous, trying desperately to warn him not to venture past the pet sematary no matter how badly he feels he has to. In the film, Victor also guides Rachel to her magic fate back in Maine. This is a character who's appeared in endless artwork, and images about this movie, and I feel Eamon would play this role perfectly.

I mean he's played a ghost before in Winchester with half his face missing. The man isn't new to wearing prosthetics and seems to have the perfect thin gaunt face to play this character who's both terrifying, yet helpful. 


Still, even though I'm 99% sure he hasn't been casted, I just can't help but think of what a wasted opportunity it is that he wasn't in this remake that seems to really have some promising behind it. Nevertheless, I'm sure Eamon will continue appearing in endless awesome movies, and play very memorable characters. As for this remake, I'm going in open minded, excited to see how they handle this story and make King fans all around the world proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment