Sunday, July 1, 2018

5 reasons why Summer School is the ultimate summer movie!

 5 reasons why Summer School is the ultimate summer movie!

Over here at Staystillreviews, I basically melted my face off after falling asleep outside on my back deck. Trying to cool off in the best way possible, I cracked open a cold drink, cranked up the A.C, and popped in what I believe is the ultimate summer movie.

Summer School

Today I'm narrowing it down to only five reasons on why this is indeed the ultimate summer movie.

5) Shot on the sunny beaches of California!
- There are certain films that just ooze the look and feel of California in the 1980's. I always say if there was a toss up between three films that really truly show this vibe durning this decade, in the summer, in this state it has to be a tie between Thrashin', The Lost Boys, and Summer School. 

4) Features a crazy batch of colorful zany characters. 
- I really have to hand it to Carl Reiner. He really did make the ultimate summer movie with one HELL of a young talented cast. Some of the humor in this movie is so settle, while other times it's completely over the top. I loved every single character, as well as the deals they make with Shoop in order to actually try and study. Nothing beats the scene where they show that Shoot actually did do a good job and how they all improved somehow taking their test. The best had to be the guy to spent 6 weeks in the bathroom. "My zipper got stuck..."

3) Has a killer soundtrack!
- Danny Elfman, EG Daily, Paul Engemann, Billy Burnette, and so many more. There's a handful of great films that features soundtracks where every song rocks. This is one of those movies. My friend Melissa was awesome enough to gift to me this soundtrack on vinyl a few years back. This record is a staple to always blast as we kick off summer over here at Staystillreviews!

2) Chainsaw and Dave's love of horror.
- I know I'm not alone here, but Chainsaw and Dave's love of horror and gore makeup was a huge reason behind me discovering and loving both things growing up. I mean how cool is it that these two teenagers write a shared paper on Rick Baker, AND get to screen the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in class?! One of my favorite things to do is pick apart how many awesome things I can see in Chainsaw's bedroom. Might have to take a closer look soon!

1) Shoop. the ultimate teacher. 
- He's funny, adorable, has great wit, is constantly eating, drives a killer car, allows his students to throw a 4th of July bash at his house, has Wondermutt as a dog, goes to male strip clubs to pick up women, killer fashion sense, owns a pair of white socks somewhere...AND is one Hell of a gym and English teacher. Shoop will forever and always be my spirit animal from this film! 

Long live the ultimate summer movie!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment