Saturday, April 21, 2018

If Scream had been made in the 1980's...

If Scream had been made in the 1980's...

This past week I had myself a Scream marathon. I'm sure I'm speaking for anyone my age, that if you loved horror, the Scream films were a massive part of our lives growing up in the 90's. I have wonderful memories renting the original film after hearing that a girl gets stuck in a doggy door in a garage, a killer presses the garage door to lift, and she gets crushed. From that moment onward, I knew I NEEDED to see this movie that everyone in my second grade class were whispering about. I remember taping the first movie off TV, and screaming with excitement when my sister and I saw the teaser trailer for part II air. My mother was cool enough to bring us to see part 2 and 3 in theaters. We dressed up as the ghost face killers for Halloween. I had a Scream 2 poster in my bedroom, and honestly downright adored these films. Years later, I was able to see Scream 4 opening night, and knew this was a movie my mother would have loved. Despite the flaws, the Scream series are really some truly fun and cool slasher movies. They may not be as gritty as slasher like Pieces, Friday the 13th part III, or Graduation Day. I don't think they save horror during the 90's, because before that some really decent horror films had been made. Still, they reinvented something, and the late Wes Craven proved he still had it in him. I may yet to see the TV series, but after re-watching these films, I remembered exactly why I loved them so much. If we get another sequel, I'm all for it!

So today, we're going to pretend that Scream was released in 1986 instead of 1996. Who would be in our cast?

Sidney - Jill Schoelen 

Billy - Johnny Depp 

Stu - Griffin O'Neal 

Tatum - Keli Maroney 

Randy - Damon Martin

Dewey - Bruce Campbell 

Gale - Catherine Mary Stewart 

Casey - Molly Ringwald 

Steve - Zach Galligan 

Cotton Weary - Michael Biehn

Throw in a ton of blood and we got a great 1980's splatter fest! So who would you cast if Scream had been made in the 80's instead of the 90's?



No comments:

Post a Comment