Friday, November 17, 2017

Staystillreviews' Thanksgiving Marathon

 Staystillreviews' Thanksgiving Marathon 

Over here at Staystillreviews we're getting pumped for next week. Not only is our sixth annual Galligangiving something up, but also for Thanksgiving. The one holiday where you can drink and eat as much as you want without any judgement. I don't know about you guys, but I'm planning on making this Thanksgiving one to remember (aka to be drunk before noon). Earlier this week I posted about several films that get me into the Thanksgiving/November state of mind. Today I'm adding onto that list on a line-up I got planned this up coming week for the ultimate Staystillreviews Marathon.

Happy Birthday To Me
- This is a highly underrated slasher that doesn't get the credit it deserves. In fact I plan on re-watching this tonight with some very cheap wine. It features some pretty awesome deaths, as well as a decent mystery and a very odd twist. I like the fact this movie takes place in the fall, and was old school slasher at it's best. I loved this movie so much it inspired me to do a makeup photoshoot based off this film's ending.

Flowers In The Attic
- I for some strange reason always watch the original Flowers In The Attic the week of Thanksgiving. I'm a HUGE fan of the book series. It's smut and I love it. Hey, I'm a girl and I hated 50 Shades Of Grey. The Flowers In The Attic series on the other hand was completely lit in my eyes. As a massive fan of the sequels to the original novel I understand why fans were outraged by the ending and changes they made for the 1987 film since it basically made it impossible for a sequel to be made. The book's sequel Petals In The Wind is amazing, and it KILLS me that that they talked about making this film in the early 90's but it never lifted off the ground. Still, I find this original movie quite tragic and beautiful. Worth checking out 100%

Christine
- Carpenter and King's masterpiece. The film briefly takes place in November as well as showing the actual Thanksgiving holiday. Years ago I first started reading this book in the month of November, and it's a tradition to always re-watch my favorite Carpenter movie around this time of year. I guess nothing says a crisp cool day than a possessed 50's car running over people!

Intruder
- Intruder is always a movie I watch before Thanksgiving since I first discovered this slasher masterpiece in the month of November years ago. (Weird how you remember small things like that huh?) This takes place in a supermarket where a night crew is killed off in some of the most brutal ways possible. It also stars a young and sexy Mr. Sam Raimi. I loved this movie so much I had Sam from this movie hanging on a meathook tattooed on me. Hey, what better thing to watch while prepping cooking/baking than a slasher movie that takes place in a super market?

Blood Rage 
- The ultimate Thanksgiving slasher. This movie finally got the credit it deserves due to a KILLER blu-ray release from a few years ago by Arrow Video. This film has amazing effects, a great setting, and a very well written plot. If anyone asked me to recommend a slasher movie this would be at the top of my list. It also takes place on Thanksgiving and has one of the greatest taglines of all time!

You're Next
- I always think of Thanksgiving when I watch this movie. I mean it takes place durning the fall, features a pretty messed up family, all getting together for a nice dinner before they are all stalked and killed. The family actually cracks me up over how messed up they are. I mean what doesn't say the holidays more than families bickering and wanting to kill each other?

Season 2 of Friday The 13th the series.
- I've said this many times, the second season of Friday the 13th the series always reminds me of November. Don't ask why but these episodes are always playing on repeat at my house. There are tons of episodes in season 1 and 3 that remind me of the fall, but it's the second season that really stands out. Who knows, maybe it's because a lot of the episodes take place durning what looks like the fall. I honestly can't rave about this show enough!

Society
- Really puts a whole new meaning to getting "together" for the holidays. This amazing strange twisted horror movie is one of my all time favorites. It's weird, it's sexy, it's gross. Arrow Video yet again completely knocked it out of the park with it's blu-ray release. Legit crystal clear. I love watching this movie around this time of year and try to get as many people as possible to watch it who haven't seen the mind blowing effects at the end!

So what do you watch around Thanksgiving? Stay tuned next week for movies I watch on Black Friday as well as holiday themed horror!


No comments:

Post a Comment