80's horror week.
To make up for not fully covering 80's horror week last week due to the head cold from HELL. I decided to play a little catchup this week. Here I'm picking 30 films from that decade that I would recommend to anyone who wants to see films that truly capture the 1980's horror spirit and feel.
1) Fade To Black
- A deeply disturbed young man who's obsessed with movies is pushed too far and begins killing everyone who's wronged him while dressing up as famous film icons.
2) Funeral Home
- A young girl goes to visit her grandmother over the summer to help her run her bed and breakfast that was once a funeral home that her grandfather ran before going missing years ago. Right off the bat all isn't what it seems as locals begin to go missing in the area.
3) The Burning
- After a prank goes wrong, a man is left horribly burned. After years of recovering in the hospital, he is released to the public where he heads straight to a local summer camp for revenge. Here he begins to stalk the teens who have traveled down river for a weekend trip.
4) Dark Night Of The Scarecrow
- A mental retarded gentle giant is falsely accused for committing a crime and murdered in cold blood by some of the locals. After the truth is exposed, the men responsible for his death are killed in mysterious accidents.
- Five chilling tales are told via an old 1950's colorful comic book. A man returns from he grave seeking the cake he was promised on Father's Day. A man is slowly transformed into a living breathing plant after being exposed by a meteor that fell from the sky. A crazed husband thinks of the best way possible for punishing his cheating wife and lover on his private beach, a mysterious crate found hidden underneath a stairwell holds an ancient hungry beast, and a terrible millionaire is attacked by millions of roaches inside his germ proof penthouse.
6) Don't Go To Sleep
- A family tries to move on from a terrible tragedy that claimed the life of their eldest daughter the year before by moving into a new house. It isn't long strange happenings begin to occur around the house as well as their youngest daughter having visions of her dead sister. Is it real? Or is it something much worse?
- A series of brutal murders are happening around a college campus in Boston. The unseen killer has been taking pieces of his murdered co-eds and is attempting to piece together his murdered mother who he violently killed years ago as a child. It's now up to a young student, the police force, and an undercover detective to try and figure out who's responsible for these terrible crimes.
8) Slumber Party Massacre
- An escaped mental patient is on the loose, stalking young beautiful teens who are throwing a slumber party at one of the girl's houses while her parents are away from the weekend.
- An awkward geeky teen buys a Plymouth Fury as his first car despite everyone around him believing it's a horrible idea. Becoming obsessed with fixing it up, it's clear that this car holds power over him. Once the car is running, it isn't long before he begins to change, and everyone who's ever picked on him begins to die in mysterious accidents. Finally the day comes when the boy's new beautiful girlfriend senses that this car is actually alive, and is jealous of the other woman in his life.
10) Sleepaway Camp
- A young girl is left traumatized after witnessing her father and twin brother killed in a horrible boating accident. Years later, now being raised by her aunt, she's sent to summer camp for the first time with her cousin. Right from the start it's clear that she's having a hard time fitting in. She's painful shy, and rarely speaks. It isn't long before an unseen killer begins picking off the cruel children who won't let up with teasing her. All of the deaths are made to look like accidents, and the camp owner is determined to keep all of this under wraps from ruining his summer. Who is the killer? Why are the murders starting now? This film is left with one of the most shocking endings ever seen in a horror film and will leave you speechless.
11) Friday the 13th The Final Chapter
- In what was believed to be the final chapter in the film series, Jason wakes up in the morgue after the events in part 3 and heads straight to two cottages on Crystal Lake. One being rented by a group of teens ready to party, and the other owned by a single mother, her teenage daughter, and her young son Tommy, a boy obsessed with horror movies and mask making. Here Jason begins to stalk and murder everyone by one by before meeting his match once and for all.
12) A Nightmare On Elm Street
- A group of teens are plagued by horrible vivid nightmares of a horribly burned man with knifes for fingers. It isn't long before it's discovered they are all having the same nightmare, and that if you are killed in your dream, you die for real.
13) Night Of The Comet
- One night a comet passes by Earth for the first time since the dinosaurs were alive. Two teenage sisters awake the following morning only to discover that 99% of the world's population turned into orange dust while outside watching the comet pass. Now with the world and all of the shopping malls at the tips of their fingers, they find out that there are other people still alive. People who weren't completely affected by the comet, only to be turned into violent rotting zombies. Teaming up with a truck driver, the three battle back trying to save the world as well as rocking some great 1980's fashion!
14) Fright Night
- A young teen begins to suspect that his handsome charming next door neighbor isn't exactly what he says he is. One night he catches him and his roommate carrying a coffin into the basement. The other evening he sees a hooker arriving at the house, only to hear a bone chilling scream a few hours later. Becoming obsessed, he begins watching the house closely only to believe that his neighbor is actually a vampire. After turning to his girlfriend, best friend, and the police he only looks as if he's crazy. Knowing time is running out, he contacts his favorite local horror host to stop this monster once and for all.
15) Return Of The Living Dead.
- After a toxic government made chemical is leaked at a medical warehouse over the 4th of July weekend, corpses at the local cemetery raise from the dead seeking human brains. Trapped in the area is a funeral home owner, a few of the warehouse workers, and a group of punk rock teens looking to party in the cemetery. Trying to fight back against these flesh eating corpses, they discover that these zombies don't die in the movies, and it's going to be a whole lot harder to get rid of them.
16) The Mutilator
- A long college student and his friends head up to to his father's beach house to close it for the winter for a long weekend. Here it's discovered that he accidentally killed his mother is a tragic household accident when he was a child and his father has never forgave him. Here his dad, completely crazed hides in the house, picking off his son's friends in brutal ways as a way of getting revenge for losing his wife all of those years ago.
17) The Midnight Hour
- In Pitchford MA, a small New England town a group of teens break into a local wax museum to steal costumes for a huge Halloween party taking place in one of the historic houses in town. Here they find a passage that they read out loud which awakens every zombie, ghoul, vampire, werewolf, witch, and monster in the area. It's up to a young girl who passed away in the 1950's, and a young high school student to break the spell before the night ends.
- A Ouji Board is brought to a party, only to be forgotten. A young beautiful woman decides to start using it alone to contact the spirit of a young boy named David. It isn't young before she begins to act differently, and her boyfriend, and his old childhood friend figure out that it's not the spirit of the young boy who's contacting her, it's actually a violent spirit who's Hell bent of possessing her in order to cross over.
19) Night Of The Creeps
- An alien spaceship accidentally loses a deadly experiment of brain sucking slugs that travel to Earth in the 1950's. Here the slugs cocoon inside a young college student, turning him into a reanimated zombie. Years later, the corpse which has been kept on ice is accidentally opened up by a pair of new college students in the 1980's. Here the slugs are released, slithering around looking to jump into a new body. Between reanimating a bus load of college co-eds, a crazed murdered psychopath, and some pets, it's up to a few of the teens on campus to figure out how to stop this army of zombies attacking on the night of the dance.
20) Killer Party
- A group of college teens throw an April Fools party the night they are being sworn into their new sorority. Here they have two big problems. A masked killer is stalking the co-eds one by one, and there's an evil spirit jumping from body to body possessing whoever it wants.
- A group of little fury alien creatures highjack a spaceship and crash land on Earth. Here they begin going on a feeding frenzy, eating everything in sight before heading straight towards a small farm where the Brown family lives. It's up to their young son Bradley, the local drunk Charlie, and two bounty hunters from space to stop these creatures before they eat the entire town!
22) Chopping Mall
- A local shopping mall has built the latest in security which is a group of robots that are set to patrol the mall after closing. After a lighting storm, the robots short circuit and become killing machines. Here a group of teens decide to stay after closing to party in one of the furniture stores. Here they are locked in for the night, and have to fight back against these killer robots who magically have lasers!
23) Hello Mary Lou Prom Night II
- In 1957 the prom queen Mary Lou was tragically killed in a horrible fire right before she was given the crown. Years later her spirit is released and possess a young girl, determined to get her crown once and for all, killing anyone who gets in the way.
24) The Stepfather
- One year ago a family was found brutally murdered with the husband/step-father now missing. Police searched all over, but was unable to locate the man responsible for the murders. Unknown to them, this wasn't the first time this man killed. In fact for years this man locates a single mother with children, marries into the family, and tries to make them the perfect family. Whenever the family disappoints him, he snaps, and murders them all only to change his name, looks, and even personality before moving onto the next town and finding a new family. Currently the man is now going by the name of Jerry. He sells houses, or as he likes to believe the American Dream, and has a beautiful wife, and step-daughter. Unknown to him, one of the family members from one of his past families he's murdered begins to suspect what he's up to and is trying to track him down, while his current step-daughter begins to notice that Jerry isn't exactly the perfect father. In fact, he's much, much worse.
- A brilliant scientist and made what he believes is the fountain of youth, reversing aging. The main ingredient is brain fluid from corpses. Here he's hired by an aging movie star to allow her to be the first live human to test this chemical. The results are truly amazing. Over night she goes from a woman in her 70's, to a stunning woman in her late 20's. It's worked! Wanting her to stay in the lab as he works out some of the kinks before publishing, she insists she can go home and enjoy this new lease on life. It isn't long before there's terrible side affects. It seems whenever the chemical wares off she turns into a horrible monster, who craves brains. Hell bent on fixing the chemical before it's too late, he notices that it takes larger and larger doses each time she changes. Figuring out all she needs is brain fluid, the actress begins to kill anyone who gets in her way to order to keep her new found youth.
26) The Kindred
- A young doctor races to his mother's bedside after she suffers a heart attack. His mother, once a brilliant scientist begs him shortly before she passes away to go to her beach house and destroy her lab as well as his brother Anthony. Confused, the doctor knows he doesn't have any siblings, and travels with his fiends to the house to try and figure out what exactly she was experimenting on for all these years.
27) The Nest
- A local sheriff of a small West Coast island discovers that the mayor has been allowing secret experiments to take place in the area, resulting in a breed of roaches that are nearly impossible to kill, and crave human flesh! Trapped on the island, people begin to go missing. It isn't long before it's told that whenever these roaches kill something, they have the DNA capable to have them transform into half roach, half whatever they just ate!
A local wax museum invites six college students to come tour the exhibits before it officially opens. Little to these teens know that if you walk into the displays, you actually get transported into whatever world the statues are displaying. Here werewolves, vampires, zombies, and killer mummies come to live as the teens become trapped inside. It's up to two of them to figure out the secret before the evil owner releases his monsters into the world.
- A wealthy teen begins to suspect that he isn't like the rest of his family. In fact, everyone from his neighborhood isn't exactly what they seem to be. After noticing a few strange things, he learns that the "society" of the rich are actually hiding a horrible secret that is worse than he could ever believe.
- A local market has announced that it's closing it's doors once and for all in less than a month. Here it's night crew stays after hours to mark down all prices, only to have a killer lurking around, brutally murdering everyone in the worst ways possible.
So which ones have you seen?
Happy 80's Horror Week!!!